Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: check out my wiring diagram...

Essex29
    No that will get you a Very large spark and a big bang!!!!!!!
    Positive to positive, and negative to negative, the charger can go from Pos on 1 to neg on 3.
    The 3 batteries are wired in parallel, the voltage stays at 12 volts, but you have increased the amount of current that the stereo can draw, before the voltage sags.
    I actually meant.....
    the lead from the charger's banks will go like this:
    Lead 1....positive to the positive on battery 1 and the negative on battery 3
    Lead 2....positive to the positive on battery 2 and the negative on battery 2
    lead 3.....positive to the positive on battery 3 and the negative on battery 1
    ...am I still wrong?

Essex29
    I figured you were going to run a generator to keep the batteries charged since you aren't running the stereo batts on the alternator....
    I'm with HH, you'll want the 2ga...
    If you don't run it from the perko like HH suggested, you can put a circuit breaker inline that you can trip when the boat is in storage...
    How long and hard do you play your stereo?
    I don't play sandbar dj...maybe 50-60 % most of the time.
    If I run the inline circuit breaker, where does it go?

ROZ
    Are you kidding?
    *for a split second
    Not even long enough to blurp

phebus
    Just hook up batteries with all positives to positives, and all negatives to negatives (Parralel). Then hook up your chargers positive lead to the first batteries positive lead, and your negative lead to the last batteries negative lead (so the charger feeds through all batteries).

phebus
    Goose, what amps did you decide to go with? I'm curious if you still are using that RF 800.4 amp, or if you are going to be selling it.

ROZ
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...iagram-med.bmp
    Batteries are wired parallel( note black and red lines are parallel ) with the charger's terminals at opposite ends of the battery bank

Essex29
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...iagram-med.bmp
    Batteries are wired parallel( note black and red lines are parallel ) with the charger's terminals at opposite ends of the battery bank
    So if the charger has 3 banks would I connect all 3 positive leads to the 1 battery and do the same with the negative on the other battery??

Essex29
    Goose, what amps did you decide to go with? I'm curious if you still are using that RF 800.4 amp, or if you are going to be selling it.
    I was going to sell the rf's and buy new, but it's not in the budget :frown:
    I am actually looking for another 800.4 to buy .......got one for sale?

BoatFloating
    If I run the inline circuit breaker, where does it go?
    Between the power of the stereo system and the batteries...

ROZ
    So if the charger has 3 banks would I connect all 3 positive leads to the 1 battery and do the same with the negative on the other battery??
    Looks to me as if your charger charges 3 seperate banks of batteries. The diagram above is one bank. your starting barrety is another bank...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast