Thread: Refinishing old headers

DaveA
    Anybody in the Carolinas, or reasonable distance from here, doing the Jet Hot or shiny ceramic coating deal? My old Bassetts need to be stripped and refinished.
    Your opinions PLEEZ
    Quality?
    Customer Service?
    Cost?
    How long has it lasted?
    Any failures?

shirkey4750
    Dave isn't there a place right there in Charlotte that does the ceramic coating? I talked to someone at the swap meet last yeat about that.

76 Sleekcraft
    We had a set of Hooker header side pipes done in Charlotte by "the other guys" Not happy at all with the finished product. Had them done in black, but too much stuff is falling out of the inside, and that is not supposed to happen.
    There is a Jet Hot (or was) in Charlotte. I recommend Jet hot over the others, I have seen the "sterling" coating and it looks great.

Jr Jetter
    Dave, contact Eric at Airborne Coatings. I dont have the phone number with me, but they are in the Charlotte phone book (Mt Holly area). They do ceramic of excellent quality, price is in line with all the others, customer service is great, and the warranty is fantastic (3 yrs).

GasGuzzler
    They do Nascar headers http://www.airborn.cc/customer/index3.html
    (704) 820-9000 Just north of Charlotte in Mount Holly. I think Markist is their preferred customer!

Pee Dub
    Keep in mind, "Jet Hot" is the name of a company, not a generic term for a coating. I had a set of headers that had been done by some hot shot company from Oklahoma City and they were a sort of satin finish, no shine to them at all. Went to the NHRA race in Chicago and started looking around at some of the headers on cars that looked nearly chrome, every one of them had a Jet Hot sticker on the car. Sold me! E-mailed them and got a quote on my old set of Bassets that had been run dry for about 8 years. Stripping the chrome and coating inside and out with their Sterling coating was somewhere around $380.00 including return shipment, 2 week turnaround from the time I shipped them. A buddy of mine stopped by the day I got them back and he said " So you got your headers rechromed". Have run them 2 seasons (dry) and thet still look as good as the dat I got them back. Ceramic coatings are kind of like powder coating, lots of people doing it, but only a few doing it well.

DaveA
    Thanks all for the input. I've heard of Airborn, and PeeDub, you're right, Jet Hot is a trademark that's getting thrown around kinda like Kawasaki's "JetSki" is. I thought they had a plant somewhere in the southeast, however. The Charlotte swapmeet (Food Lion AutoFair at Charlotte Motor Speedway....OK, OK, LOWE'S Motor Speedway...I'll never get used to that!) usually has 2 or 3 guys there pushing their coating systems, and JetHot is usually there, I think. Their finish is the standard that others are compared to, it seems.
    I'll give the guys at Airborn a visit soon. They have an operation in Oklahoma, though. Pee Dub, does it ring a bell???
    Thanx again, y'all.

They do Nascar headers http://www.airborn.cc/customer/index3.html
    (704) 820-9000 Just north of Charlotte in Mount Holly. I think Markist is their preferred customer!
    Dat's rite!!....Dave give me a call and I'll see what "I" can do for you ,I know that I will get a better price cause I get the big discount but don't tell nobody
    Shit I let the cat out now ,,na for real they do awesome work,great cust. service, and a great turn around time usally 1 week just to give you a example My Headers are 1990 model Bassetts
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...000295-med.JPG
    Markist

Huffer
    Just Look At My Fire Hydren,great Job!dave They Do It All,with A Guarantee.