Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shifting 2.5's

mbrown2
    JP, when did you get the other Stoker? I think I saw that 20.8 2.5 setup recently in the trader...pretty sick boat.... great to hear...
    Hydraulic steering to the helm will help a great deal if it don't have that already...if it is just dual cabled, it will definitely be tight.....get her to work out that ONE ARM somehow while not driving....I am sure something comes to mind!

jackpunx
    JP, when did you get the other Stoker? I think I saw that 20.8 2.5 setup recently in the trader...pretty sick boat.... great to hear...
    Hydraulic steering to the helm will help a great deal if it don't have that already...if it is just dual cabled, it will definitely be tight.....get her to work out that ONE ARM somehow while not driving....I am sure something comes to mind!
    Its the GF's .. she's had it for a while.. Al built it for this guy named Gary.. its got all the right stuff on it and real nice paint (coweling sp?) too.. its super clean and pretty fast..
    for a whacker..lol
    I think its only cable.. it couldnt have hydraulic in it .. its way to hard to turn..

CrazyHippy
    I'm not the guy to talk to about set-up on that boat. Ask Al, he'll be able to point you the right diresction faster than I.
    What's it running now? That boat should be in the high 1- 0-somethings.
    I'll look to find out what wire it is to make it able to start in gear. It's a REALLY common mod.
    BJH

jackpunx
    I'm not the guy to talk to about set-up on that boat. Ask Al, he'll be able to point you the right diresction faster than I.
    What's it running now? That boat should be in the high 1- 0-somethings.
    I'll look to find out what wire it is to make it able to start in gear. It's a REALLY common mod.
    BJH
    I know how to ground that out so it works.. I just havent seen it it a couple months..
    the set up on it is right.. its just hard to steer.. Maybe Im spoiled.. but at 90mph.. I dont want to fight with it..
    the boat is not even really for me.. so it has to be easier to drive then that..

mbrown2
    Wow....a chic with a wacker....that's pretty different, but cool...don't know what she finds in a hear(cough)....Drive breaker that you will turn out to be...

stoker2001
    That boat should be in the high 1- 0-somethings.
    BJHdont get me wrong,i love them or i wouldnt of shelled out 60k for our new one :2purples: they are not like a mirage or STV were triple digits come real easy with 280hp,with a strong 300 drag maybe?they will however smoke the stv or mirage when the water gets a little bumpy :eat:

jackpunx
    Wow....a chic with a wacker....that's pretty different, but cool...don't know what she finds in a hear(cough)....Drive breaker that you will turn out to be...
    LMAO.. well.. Now .. when/if the drive breaks.. We got a back up..
    Just like you.. mr I have 9 boats and dont know which one to drive today..

jackpunx
    dont get me wrong,i love them or i wouldnt of shelled out 60k for our new one :2purples: they are not like a mirage or STV were triple digits come real easy with 280hp,with a strong 300 drag maybe?they will however smoke the stv or mirage when the water gets a little bumpy :eat:
    its true.. the boat does really well in rough water.. well.. bumpy water.. its still a small boat..

CrazyHippy
    I'm still running hard (90ish) in the choppy water. Just have to slow down (ALOT) when it gets to be more soup than just whitecaps. The main body @ Havasu SUCKS...
    BJH :hammerhea

DrewDown
    Can you shift these bastards when there not running?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast