Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shifting 2.5's

CrazyHippy
    Can you shift these bastards when there not running?
    Shift, then start...
    if you want to go from forward to reverse, shut it off, shift, start it up...
    If you want to go from neutral to forward, shut it off, shift start it up...
    You can go from in gear to neutral, but i'm so in the habit of shutting the motor down before i grab the shifter i usually dont....
    BJH :boxed:

You Te
    Hey JP,
    I have a sea star pro hydraulic steering system I'll sell it to real you cheep.
    You Te

TwinMach26DCB
    Lou / Lew
    I just purchased a twin DCB 26 and Lakeland this weekend said that there is NO PROBLEM whatsoever shifting these while running... He said it's the old schoolers that shut them off out of habit however the new technology is VERY capable of shifting.. Nothing to worry about per Lakeland..

Forkin' Crazy
    Can you shift these bastards when there not running?
    As long as it doesn't bind. If it does, just bump the motor over a little, and it should go in.

hugh jascock
    the set up on it is right.. its just hard to steer.. Maybe Im spoiled.. but at 90mph.. I dont want to fight with it..
    the boat is not even really for me.. so it has to be easier to drive then that..
    2 choices mark, seastar pro hydraulic steering or hit the gym. the dual cable may be safer (it is redundant, if you break a cable you still have steering) the hydraulic either works or it doesn't but the ease of steering and reduction of torque steer is mighty nice.
    welcome to the small whacker club!
    your pal,
    h/j
    p.s. fear of economic insecurity seems to have left you

You Te
    Lou / Lew
    I just purchased a twin DCB 26 and Lakeland this weekend said that there is NO PROBLEM whatsoever shifting these while running... He said it's the old schoolers that shut them off out of habit however the new technology is VERY capable of shifting.. Nothing to worry about per Lakeland..
    No problem shifting while running as long as you don't run to much rpm at idle and if you break something Lou can fix it for a fee.
    I like to start in gear and avoid the clunk.
    You Te

jackpunx
    2 choices mark, seastar pro hydraulic steering or hit the gym. the dual cable may be safer (it is redundant, if you break a cable you still have steering) the hydraulic either works or it doesn't but the ease of steering and reduction of torque steer is mighty nice.
    welcome to the small whacker club!
    your pal,
    h/j
    p.s. fear of economic insecurity seems to have left you
    LOL.. well.. like I said .. Its the GF's boat..she got it all by herself.. what can I say.. she has good taste
    I just want it to be safe for her to drive..

HavasuDreamin'
    There is nothing wrong........or unsafe about dual ride guide steering. It just takes a little bit of muscle with a surface prop. Hydraulic is the way to go if you don't want to muscle it, but the dual cable is perfectly safe. I actually prefer it. You can feel every little thing that is going on through the wheel.
    Good Luck................hey post some pics. :mix:

pussycats
    There is nothing wrong........or unsafe about dual ride guide steering. It just takes a little bit of muscle with a surface prop. Hydraulic is the way to go if you don't want to muscle it, but the dual cable is perfectly safe. I actually prefer it. You can feel every little thing that is going on through the wheel.
    Good Luck................hey post some pics. :mix:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...Bailey_005.jpg
    here she is.......

mbrown2
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...Bailey_005.jpg
    here she is.......
    That is a sweet friggen rig....NICE.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast