Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: life jackets

boatslayer
    thanks havasu cig , i think im ganna save up for the lifeline
    that new boat of urs looks pritty sweet, u should come up to the Naci Lake Bash

boatslayer
    IMO dont worry about price when shopping for a life jacket.you buy a boat that cost alot of money,spend alot on motor to go fast ,probably get an expensive truck to tow it but skimp on the one thing that can save your life????
    I have seen a flatbottom crash that was my booses and driven by another driver the chute jacket DID SAVE HIS LIFE OR FROM SERIOUS INJURY.When i drive my flat i do wear a chute jacket vs the standard race lifeline wheter i go for a 25mph cruise or a 130mph pass.
    My suggestion is call lifeline talk to bill or ken and tell them what kind of boat you drive the speed you plan on going and get what they recomend.When i bought mine i was going to get the standard jaket bill said i should get a chute jacket i wanted to save money too my boss said no way "you are going to drive my boat you will get the recomended jacket"
    IMO a chute jacket will probaly not be needed for a bigger boat but just talk to lifeline for a recomendation
    yea i go for rides in alot of different boats ranging form our 24 HTM that goes 75 right now ,, up to blings 36 nor-tech witch is capable of over 160...
    and i love drag boats , and i am thinking about racing

Havasu Cig
    thanks havasu cig , i think im ganna save up for the lifeline
    that new boat of urs looks pritty sweet, u should come up to the Naci Lake Bash
    Thanks, Where exactly is Naci?

boatslayer
    Thanks, Where exactly is Naci?
    um its up by paso robles its in between san luis county and montery county

Kachina26
    I won an awesome Lifeline Poker Run edition vest last year at the Spring Heatwave run. I've yet to wear it. Probably due to that false sense of security that seeing the nearby shoreline provides. Or, even the fact that I "think" I'm safer in a deep V. I know that both of these are falsehoods.

Jordy
    To put the life vest thing into perspective, I see guys going down the road on bikes they have 30 grand into, wearing a $50 helmet. Same thing off road. $50 helmet, $70 boots that may as well be tennis shoes. Personally, I spent $400 on my dirtbike/quad helmet and $250 on boots. Why? Because if I need to rely on them, the last thing I'm worried about is how much they cost. I had a buddy break an ankle in a pair of $70 Thor boots (tennis shoes for the most part) and he was happy he had his boots on. Hell, for what they did, he may as well have been barefoot and saved his $70 for medical bills.
    As the old saying goes, if you have a $50 head, get a $50 helmet. Figure out how much your life, or the life of people you love, or at least care about, is worth, and then spend accordingly. You can't skimp on safety.

framer1
    To put the life vest thing into perspective, I see guys going down the road on bikes they have 30 grand into, wearing a $50 helmet. Same thing off road. $50 helmet, $70 boots that may as well be tennis shoes. Personally, I spent $400 on my dirtbike/quad helmet and $250 on boots. Why? Because if I need to rely on them, the last thing I'm worried about is how much they cost. I had a buddy break an ankle in a pair of $70 Thor boots (tennis shoes for the most part) and he was happy he had his boots on. Hell, for what they did, he may as well have been barefoot and saved his $70 for medical bills.
    As the old saying goes, if you have a $50 head, get a $50 helmet. Figure out how much your life, or the life of people you love, or at least care about, is worth, and then spend accordingly. You can't skimp on safety.
    I couldn't agree more. I guess you have to figure what your life and your passengers are worth. 150,000 dollar boat and a 30 dollar lifejacket go figure.

phebus
    Theese threads are like New Years Resolutions. Whenever the drinking issue, or safety issue comes up, everyone hops on the bandwagon about how they are going to change, and have a whole new view on life.
    My hope is like New Yeara Resolutions, there are a few thack stick to their guns, and make it part of their routines, because the speeds some of you guys are reaching now is incredible.
    Be safe, but of all the safety items you could use, your brain is the most important one. Do the right thing at the right time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12