Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Mach One project continues.......

Heatseeker
    It'll pass the noise law at Modesto res.!

BAE_557
    Chris,
    I can appreciate your concerns, but this not something that I just threw together and decided to go fast. This project has been on the drawing board for almost 2 years and has progressed very slowly at the lake. The project is now in its' fourth stage with new components that were singled out in the first three as areas of concern. I have taken a logical progressive approach in getting to the current configuration of this boat. At this stage, all areas should be well scienced out and the project should be very close to completion.

BAE_557
    John,
    I hope things remain the same at Modesto, I heard some ugly rumors over the weekend.

flat broke
    C'Mon FlatBroke,
    Don't be a hater. He's prolly gonna do a few speed passes and then spend the rest of the day pulling kids on the tube.
    Wicked rig, do you think it will pass the new noise limit? lol
    That's me Dave... The Hater Probably why everyone thinks I'm an arsehole. The only up side to that is when Hacker and I meet people, half of em think he's me. So really only half the people I bump into from the boards think I'm an ass.
    Wicked rig for sure and I don't want to discourage the guy from building it, but as stated, it has no business being on a lake in running WOT without a safety crew nearby. You've driven plenty of stuff faster than I've ridden in, and I doubt I'll ever hear you argue different
    BAE557,
    Not capping on ya, not trying to discourage ya, and I don't doubt the level of planing that has gone into the boat from a performance and safety standpoint. All that withstanding, at the speeds you're going to be running, a lake and all of it's mystery rollers, unforseen circumstances, and other boaters are too much for even the brightest of folks to be able to plan around. I don't run a race boat, but am smart enough to acknowledge that even the racecourse can become an uncontrolled environment; that's why there is a rescue crew on hand. As hard as race officials try to prevent it, boats still flip, pitch and roll; people still get hurt and killed. Now take that scenario onto a lake without a safety crew and all of your little issues that may only lead to minor injuries at the race track, are more than likely going to be fatal in the absence of a trained rescue team. Run the piss out of your boat at Ming within the allowed speeds for open cockpit boats. Want to go faster, rig it with a capsule and see how fast it really is. But don't take that rig out onto a recreational lake and see how fast it can go. None of us want to see another dead enthusiast. Not good for you, not good for your family, not good for keeping bodies of water open to those of us running considerably slower than your rig will run, but faster than 35.
    Chris

steelcomp
    BAE...You've gotta be kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hammerhea
    I'm with Flatbroke...only, you know me, I'm not that polite about it. That's a suicide bomb right here in good ol' USA. There should be three very loud words over a PA system when this boat gets near the water....
    CLEAR THE LAKE!!!

flat broke
    Steelcomp,
    Was that in reference to my post? if so, no I wasn't kidding.
    Chris

steelcomp
    figured I might need to clarify that

WILDERTHANU
    Relax....let the guy go for it!!!!

BAE_557
    Wilderthanu, I appreciate that post, thanks

William,
    You seem to shun any advice given to you and that is your decision. But the advice doled out is for your own good as you have never driven something fast enough to kill you. It is great that you have surrounded yourself with knowledgeable people but the fact remains that you are in uncharted water and are ignorant if you plan on testing and R and D ing at the Lake. You never achieved what you wanted to achieve with the Chevy motor. Now you have a double throwdown Brad which will make enough beans to put you to the promise land. Good luck
    Tony

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast