Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tahiti Info Request

77_Tahiti
    Cas42,
    Thanks for the info on the maintenance of the panther unit. I was able to locate the dip stick just inside the transom, appears to be a bolt with an extended hex head? Have not checked yet, the access is very limited to the dip stick. As for the zerk fitting, I was not able to locate this. I viewed the exploded diagrams of this unit on ADM Boat Works website, found the callout in the parts list but unable to locate in the diagram.

77_Tahiti
    Cas42,
    Thanks for the info on the maintenance of the panther unit. I was able to locate the dip stick just inside the transom, appears to be a bolt with an extended hex head? Have not checked yet, the access is very limited to the dip stick. As for the zerk fitting, I was not able to locate this. I viewed the exploded diagrams of this unit on ADM Boat Works website, found the callout in the parts list but unable to locate in the diagram.

Kamakazi Ken
    I just bought a witchraft with the same Panther jet and 460. After a little hunting I talked to steve @ panther jet, he had me call a company in SoCal. that had bought the motor division. His main advice was to treat the motor as a light truck 460 with a mild cam, and to never go over 5200 RPM. Also 4800 RPM was ok for a short time and cruise @3200-3800 RPM,
    I have had several OB boats but this is my first JET, I am learning as I go so if you get any good advice please pass it on and I'll do the same.
    Good Luck

Cas42
    Tahiti,
    Sounds like you found the dipstick. The zerk is found by looking into the nozzle and should be right dead center. It can be a little hard to see and it's also possible that it has popped out some how. Get a good flashlight and see if the zerk is there or if there appears to be a hole where a zerk should go. BTW, the area I'm speaking of is about 8 inches in from the end of the rear housing.

Cas42
    oh yea, I would highly recommend getting the service manual from Panther. It gives you a lot of real good info to better take care of your Panther.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12