Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stoker Tunnel Boats

ski stoker
    Havasu Secret,
    I believe you made a good choice. Last year we purchased a new Stoker 20.4 with an Evinrude Ficht 225 and Al and John definitely over delivered in a quality product and service. Before deciding on a Stoker we had taken many test rides in a number of our friend’s boats including: Cole, Commander, Hallet, Schiada, Carrera, Eliminator, and a Liberator all of which are great boats, each with different strengths.
    What set the Stoker apart was the encompassing of many attributes. You get incredible hull strength, along with the speed and comfort of a tunnel, and unmatched turning ability, try pulling a U-turn in a cat type tunnel at 70. The ride is extraordinary. The 20.4 is easy to trailer, get around in, and exceptional for skiing, the wake is almost non-existent. On the roughest of days in Havasu there is no problem with the chop, the hull rides at a fairly flat attitude and therefore no fear of blowing over, just get it over 50 and glide across the top. See the 1997 Hot Boat performance evaluation for their opinion.
    As far as backing up their product you might be aware of the dreaded OMC bankruptcy. Even though we purchased an extended 5-year warranty we ended up not being covered for the first 2 years since Bombardier did not pick up the liability. This is where John and Al really stepped in, they told me not to worry, but I did anyway. When the motor stopped they stepped in and gave me what I guess was a “Stoker” warranty and covered everything, not just once, but twice! All at their cost, never one complaint, just apologies for something they had no control of.
    Just about all builders sell a quality product but one needs more than that when they make a purchase of that size, you are also buying integrity. By the way, I wish I would have purchased the 300x for more speed, 100 is better than the 80’s, but the Ficht is good on gas though, less than 10gph.

Charley
    Havasu Secret.....Stoker makes a really sweet tunnel....Proven fast.....The only thing you will suffer from is the ability to run hard in big water...good choice!

Dsampson
    Heres my lowdown on the Stoker.
    The boats run and handle well, but they are a little aged in the design- here's what I mean.
    Stoker tunnerls have u-shaped (non covered) floors that ride loud and you can feel the water through the hull on your feet. (wierd at 80+)
    The winshield are the older bolt on plexis and not the cool molded in type.
    the swimsteps are bolted on and not molded into the hull the new trick 1 piece designs.
    Check out the Lavey 20.8 tunnel it'll post the same numbers as the stoker, but has a higher level of trickness in he design.
    Or cut a good deal with Alan and have him build you one.

Sigus
    There is only one guy I know of who went through this. Hey Jerry. You are correct you should have got the 300. Then you could spank that bad ass Daytona.
    Regards,
    Big B. (aka Sig)
    Originally posted by ski stoker:
    Havasu Secret,
    I believe you made a good choice. Last year we purchased a new Stoker 20.4 with an Evinrude Ficht 225 and Al and John definitely over delivered in a quality product and service. Before deciding on a Stoker we had taken many test rides in a number of our friend’s boats including: Cole, Commander, Hallet, Schiada, Carrera, Eliminator, and a Liberator all of which are great boats, each with different strengths.
    What set the Stoker apart was the encompassing of many attributes. You get incredible hull strength, along with the speed and comfort of a tunnel, and unmatched turning ability, try pulling a U-turn in a cat type tunnel at 70. The ride is extraordinary. The 20.4 is easy to trailer, get around in, and exceptional for skiing, the wake is almost non-existent. On the roughest of days in Havasu there is no problem with the chop, the hull rides at a fairly flat attitude and therefore no fear of blowing over, just get it over 50 and glide across the top. See the 1997 Hot Boat performance evaluation for their opinion.
    As far as backing up their product you might be aware of the dreaded OMC bankruptcy. Even though we purchased an extended 5-year warranty we ended up not being covered for the first 2 years since Bombardier did not pick up the liability. This is where John and Al really stepped in, they told me not to worry, but I did anyway. When the motor stopped they stepped in and gave me what I guess was a “Stoker” warranty and covered everything, not just once, but twice! All at their cost, never one complaint, just apologies for something they had no control of.
    Just about all builders sell a quality product but one needs more than that when they make a purchase of that size, you are also buying integrity. By the way, I wish I would have purchased the 300x for more speed, 100 is better than the 80’s, but the Ficht is good on gas though, less than 10gph.

ski stoker
    Hey Sig,
    That 300 would have put me close, but I would probably need the new Stoker 224 to keep up with that rocket. Bring on the summer!

Skaterfast
    Lavey Craft will post the same numbers.HA ha thats a good one Sampson.

had2bf8
    Hey, you should still come check out the HTM's! We got some at our place that are great and can be ready to go... Probably could get a good deal..... 661 268-1309

HavasuDreamin'
    Stoker, in my opinion has always built one of the best all around performance boats for the money. You can't go wrong. A forgiving boat that will run better than 100 mph, yet have the ability and agility to pull skiers, wake boarders, etc. The hulls have some of the best lines around, and lets face it looks are important. Excellent all around choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12