Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 42% hit in house values, my guess is that would be bad..

al cole'holic
    Like the majority of dumbass realtors you can't actually comprehend a basic newspaper article. Again did you read the article and can you understand what they are saying??? Than again what do I expect from someone working in a field that if you have a college degree you are considered highly educated. I'll take my financial advice from real economists/analyst instead of the skewed info NAR and CAR puts out. Are you even able to form your own opinions or do you just repeat everything that is told to you by the NAR? DUH DUH DUH.
    Have you ever even taken a finance or economics course before? Can you explain what a cap rate is and why investing in income properties in the LA area makes little to no sense right now?
    Than again you must be all knowing since you have three years worth of R/E experience.
    ..douche bag, where did 3 years worth of R/E experience come from??
    There is no indication of a turn, a bubble burst, or whatever you wanna call it. Also, when did we start talking about investing in income properties?? I was under the impression we are talking about the general homeownership. I have said for the past 3+ years, anyone who does not own a home it's getting further and further away from you....this year I say this, anyone who still does not own a home for god sakes buy something anywhere even out of state if you have to! Just my .02....anyway, investors who have $$ know where to put it

totenhosen
    ..douche bag, where did 3 years worth of R/E experience come from?? :
    Interesting comment from someone who makes their living as someone who is viewed as on par with a used car salesman. Easy from your R/E license profile. Well almost 4 years. Licensed since 03/02. That is a wealth of experience!!!
    There is no indication of a turn, a bubble burst, or whatever you wanna call it. Also, when did we start talking about investing in income properties?? I was under the impression we are talking about the general homeownership. I have said for the past 3+ years, anyone who does not own a home it's getting further and further away from you....this year I say this, anyone who still does not own a home for god sakes buy something anywhere even out of state if you have to! Just my .02....anyway, investors who have $$ know where to put it
    Interesting comment considering even the NAR and CAR is backpedaling and saying that there are signs of a slowdown. As they like to call it a "soft landing" in certain markets. How long before they say oops are soft landing was wrong?
    I made the cap rate comment to show that you have little to no actual finance concepts so it is to be expected that even a possible slowdown in R/E is a difficult concept for you to grasp.
    Hurry buy a house before it is too late even if it is in another state, because we all know house prices can only go up up up!!! (Find another sucker for the current pyramid scheme.) Maybe in your 3+ year of experience you might recall what happened in the prior decade and the prior decade before that.

al cole'holic
    Interesting comment from someone who makes their living as someone who is viewed as on par with a used car salesman. Easy from your R/E license profile. Well almost 4 years. Licensed since 03/02. That is a wealth of experience!!!
    Interesting comment considering even the NAR and CAR is backpedaling and saying that there are signs of a slowdown. As they like to call it a "soft landing" in certain markets. How long before they say oops are soft landing was wrong?
    I made the cap rate comment to show that you have little to no actual finance concepts so it is to be expected that even a possible slowdown in R/E is a difficult concept for you to grasp.
    Hurry buy a house before it is too late even if it is in another state, because we all know house prices can only go up up up!!! (Find another sucker for the current pyramid scheme.) Maybe in your 3+ year of experience you might recall what happened in the prior decade and the prior decade before that.
    ..oh you must be talking about Eddy, my other half's partner douche!! I guess he did get his license in '02..wow, he's done better than I thought in that time considering on his own he has nailed down a gross close to $250k as of last Friday, and owns 2 homes here in Simi..not bad for a used car equivalent
    As for us, 2 sisters, and mom we own 7 properties....and of course always looking to buy another
    As for the stupid pyramid scheme comment, I have never really even SPAM'd or fished for anyone on here as a client.....except for a custom chopper maybe

NashvilleBound
    I cant wait.....I hope it happens.... now before I get greif from some dork thats in a negative loan, let me ask you...WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? You have to be a real tard not to see thats a problem(negative, zero down, int only)...but its a good thing for me. I love the dominoing foreclosure market.....We are way over due for a correction. I hate to see people have problems but that is what makes the world go 'round....all you investors should be ready, now is when you can make your difference for the rest generations to come. Nothing personal, just business.

totenhosen
    ..oh you must be talking about Eddy, my other half's partner douche!! I guess he did get his license in '02..wow, he's done better than I thought in that time considering on his own he has nailed down a gross close to $250k as of last Friday, and owns 2 homes here in Simi..not bad for a used car equivalent
    As for us, 2 sisters, and mom we own 7 properties....and of course always looking to buy another
    As for the stupid pyramid scheme comment, I have never really even SPAM'd or fished for anyone on here as a client.....except for a custom chopper maybe
    Wow, you have such an expansive vocabulary! Is that the best you can come up with? Grown-ups are having a debate here which involves actually posting ones opinion and being able to back it up.
    Since you own so many properties you surely know what a cap rate is. Or does your wife and family tell you what a good investment is and that R/E always goes up? I bet you bought all those investment properties with an ARM and/or Interest only loans. Hopefully you at least cash flow with that. Just keep skirting basic economic fundamentals/prinicipals.
    For your sake I would pray hard that the R/E market doesn't go down and that your family has to soley rely on your wit/common sense to make a living.

totenhosen
    That comment had to do with part of the reason why housing continues to do what it is doing is because of the philsophy of a pyramid scheme. There has to be dumb people on the top end of it to buy into the whole notion that house appreciation will continue at its current rate. Thus the cycle (stupidity) continues for a short time.

totenhosen
    I cant wait.....I hope it happens.... now before I get greif from some dork thats in a negative loan, let me ask you...WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? You have to be a real tard not to see thats a problem(negative, zero down, int only)...but its a good thing for me. I love the dominoing foreclosure market.....We are way over due for a correction. I hate to see people have problems but that is what makes the world go 'round....all you investors should be ready, now is when you can make your difference for the rest generations to come. Nothing personal, just business.
    Amen! You make money when you buy and not when you sell! If you don't understand that concept than there is no point in explaining it. (Al-Cole-holic I'm looking at you.)

al cole'holic
    Wow, you have such an expansive vocabulary! Is that the best you can come up with? Grown-ups are having a debate here which involves actually posting ones opinion and being able to back it up.
    Since you own so many properties you surely know what a cap rate is. Or does your wife and family tell you what a good investment is and that R/E always goes up? I bet you bought all those investment properties with an ARM and/or Interest only loans. Hopefully you at least cash flow with that. Just keep skirting basic economic fundamentals/prinicipals.
    For your sake I would pray hard that the R/E market doesn't go down and that your family has to soley rely on your wit/common sense to make a living.
    Alright, alright.....this started out as another one of the many real estate threads, and the opinions are starting to get offensive. Yet another year has gone by, this topic will be going back and forth another year..just remember these threads the end of this year ..now, I have a dying fish to tend to.

NashvilleBound
    Amen! You make money when you buy and not when you sell! If you don't understand that concept than there is no point in explaining it. (Al-Cole-holic I'm looking at you.)
    A little clearer picture.....I own a development company, wife runs our realty company and every house I buy is with cash.....(as in no loan for the challenged).....and then I put a LOC on each one of them for emergency credit(keyword). I could never imagine buying a house for an interest only loan...or neg am....or shoot, they are talking about 40 year loans now.....what happened to the american dream of actually owning a home...once again for the challenged, that means its paid for. I think people are too busy keeping up with the Jones'...

DCBDaytona
    A little clearer picture.....I own a development company, wife runs our realty company and every house I buy is with cash.....(as in no loan for the challenged).....and then I put a LOC on each one of them for emergency credit(keyword). I could never imagine buying a house for an interest only loan...or neg am....or shoot, they are talking about 40 year loans now.....what happened to the american dream of actually owning a home...once again for the challenged, that means its paid for. I think people are too busy keeping up with the Jones'...
    Very well put! I'll take a stab in the dark and guess that you are also one of the few on the boards that actually OWNS their boat too? It's the same philosophy...everybody is trying to keep up with the Jones'.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast