Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eliminator Scorpion?

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
    Crap it just dawned on me.....I think the scorpion everyone is referring to is from Scorpion marine. They either bought the molds or splashed the Youngblood Tx-19 and TX-20 which is also being built by another company and its being called a Condor. Now unless I am wrong, the warhawk is identical to the youngblood. HHMMMMMM
    [This message has been edited by BLOWNDRAGBOAT (edited August 24, 2001).]

riverlover
    OK it seems alot of people know what boat I'm talking about but, what's with the "They can get away from ya" stuff. I'm assuming that means they can be hard to control or they get real loose at high speed. Any thoughts?

Heatseeker
    I've never ridden in a tunnel jet, but I've heard the stories also.
    I've heard they(tunnel hulled jets) get real squirrely if they blow an engine. I have a buddy who tells me that when he blew his up several years ago, at wot, the boat pitched one way and he another(over the front deck).
    His story has kept me from buying a tunnel(my wife says the bilge rats are too young for that sh*t).Too bad...

hot_rod
    My 2 cents... I have also herd many rumors about Jets in general. I think that the design of, or lack there of contributes to these stories. From my own personal experience I was running at WOT (about 65mph)in my 21 daytona when the engine blew and the boat just stopped as if I had just turned off the key. The boat also feels very stable. I am about to find out how it feels over 65mph, but I think if you pick the right hull for what you want to do and have it rigged correctly you should be just as safe in a jet as any other boat. Any boat can 'get away from ya' when you exceed the limits of it's intended design.
    http://www.bearshobbies.com/hotrods_signature.gif

Eddy
    Originally posted by riverlover:
    Hey whatever happened to the Eliminator Scorpion? Did someone buy the mold? Also, I know that some guys have tunnels (Daytona, Shadow, etc..) and I've heard "they can get away from ya". Why is that? I've ridden in a 21' Daytona with a 300 Merc and it seemed pretty nice.
    Just curious.
    RL
    [This message has been edited by riverlover (edited August 23, 2001).]
    Back in April of 1990, Hot Boat Mag.did an article on a blown Eliminator Tunnel Jet. The boat was named Danger Zone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12