Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Tax Dude Is Here

dean51267
    okay, all you procrastinators, if you want to know how or what you can do, ask away, I will do what I can to help.....
    Free advice, just for my Hot Boat friends...........

Freak
    My friends say turbo tax is just for singles. You wont get max deductions with it. true or false????

dean51267
    if you do not need a technician, if there is nothng going on, if it is ultra simple, it is probably okay. However that said, the tax/accounting/financial services world is changing, CPA's are becomming family financial advisors, that is a whole new world, and with TT you miss it all.
    There is a place for TT, but it is not the be all to end all Intuit makes it out to be, and worst case, if you get an audit, that computer will do nothing for you.

Jbb
    If I buy a Profile boat...with a cabin ...can I write off the interest as a second home?......can I write off the medical expenses as well..?

dean51267
    like the diapers.................
    ;-)

Freak
    If I buy a Profile boat...with a cabin ...can I write off the interest as a second home?......can I write off the medical expenses as well..?
    LOL...if a profile boat falls apart on the water does anyone hear the injured screaming?

dean51267
    unfortunately...........

dean51267
    I love that altar..........

fkeys
    My friends say turbo tax is just for singles. You wont get max deductions with it. true or false????
    False!! Turbo Tax is the shit!! We've used it the last four years. Every time it took no longer than 2 or 3 hours to complete and file both the federal and state returns. It makes itemizing deductions a breeze - especially if you own a home. I'd highly recommend it. Plus - if you efile (costs about $15) you can get your returns FAST. We got our state in 5 days and our federal in 7!! :2purples: It's definately worth it.

dean51267
    False!! Turbo Tax is the shit!! We've used it the last four years. Every time it took no longer than 2 or 3 hours to complete and file both the federal and state returns. It makes itemizing deductions a breeze - especially if you own a home. I'd highly recommend it. Plus - if you efile (costs about $15) you can get your returns FAST. We got our state in 5 days and our federal in 7!! :2purples: It's definately worth it.
    I have seem some people it works for, and if you think a human can be replaced by a machine, well, hey, good deal for someone.
    However did it ever recommend you review your insurance policies to determine if a term policy might free up enough money to put into an IRA and the nget the form 8880 credits? Did it explain that if you took at little extra cash you are earning on the side and reported it you might be able to write off thousands of dollars in expenses? Did it ever suggest you make this change or that based upon expected political changes? Did it ever look over your state laws and determine if you should file differently for state matters than for federal?
    If it works for you, GREAT, it is a lot less than a good tax person will charge, but it is not the great god send Intuit says it is.
    For reference, I own a large CPA firm, teach graduate tax school on the side, and own a personal tax business. check us out at www.owencpa.com, or www.supertax.biz, check out the newsletters, they are good.
    P.S. - I will make a deal with you, call me in May, if I can save you money on your 2004 return, you pay my billing rate for ammendments, if not, no charge............
    Care to see just how good, or poor, a job TT does for you???????????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast