Thread: Gauge Bezels

UtlGoa
    I recently bought some angled gauge bezels from rex marine. My boat did not come with angled bezels on the gauges. I tried to install the gauge and bezels tonight and found the gauges will not fit into the dash with the angled bezel.
    Do I have to file the fiberglass on the dash to get the gauge to fit with the angled bezel.
    This is new to me so I hope someone can help.
    Thanks!!!!!

If you have a hole saw? then you just angle it in the direction of the bezel and you've got it ..if not PM me and I'll help ya out its not hard
    Markist

Scape Goat
    yes cut the dash at the same angle, we trimmed a buddies with a dremmal

Yes you just angle the holes either with a die grinder or file. You will also have to shorten the gauge brackets more than likely depending on what gauges you are using.

1Bahnerjet
    got those too
    after cuttin' you also have to twist & level the gauge while tightening the brackets, when I was do'in that part I wished I had 4 hands.

Danhercules
    I just trimmed the wood on one side, The right side of each gauge.

UtlGoa
    Thanks for all the help. Let see if i have this right. Put the bezel up to the dash. Then mark the area that needs to be filed or dremmeled. That's all I have to do. Seems pretty easy.
    Once again thanks for the help.

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
    That's pretty easy to accomplish, good luck. I had to figure out how to adapt 2" guages to 2 5/8" holes in my dash. What I did was cut them out of alumium channel, cutting the large hole first, 2 3/4 dia into channel sides about 1/2 " , then cutting inside hole 2" , both holesaws. Then cutting sides of channel 1/2" . Then chucking the ring up in lathe, turning up 3/8th" from bottom of ring to fit 2 5/8 " hole. Then polishing on lathe. It would be so much easier if somebody made an adapter bezel, but I'd rather do that than fillholes in dash, regelcoat. By the way nobody I could find made 2 5/8" guages to match my Moroso cable driven tachometer, that's why I did it. Took about 2hrs. I'll post pics later. Budlight :idea:

Fogged Gullwing
    Converting to 2" to 2" 5/8's Easy way Get a long drill and the two hole saw's 2" and a 2" 5/8 Put them on the same dill bit and use the 2" as the pilot!!! The drill bit only serves as the center for the two hole saws!!!! Basicly you use hole saw within a holesaw!!
    Hope this helps BK :hammer2:

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
    Fogged, That didn't work for me as the hole saw on the inside sticks out more than 1/4" , as soon as you cut thru the small hole , there is no index hole to hold the larger saw straight. besides by cutting it out of al channel there's extra meat left for a centering ring. If I could have done that it would have been way easier. Budlight