Originally posted by miller killer:
The only used part on my motor is my rev kit.yes im am building a 100 mph plus jet boat.I see alot of used parts that were used for dyno testing only,didnt say im putting those parts in my motor.No i am not going to dyno my motor,I will tune motor myself!not saying im better than a dyno because im not.
I don't know who does your pump work... Oh yeah how could I forget Tom is the only guy allowed to touch the Aggressor, but most of the time the initial impeller choice/cut is made based on a dyno sheet. If you go and tell your pump guy "I think it'll do about 800hp, come up with some hunch based torque and hp curves, and you're wrong, guess what... your boat isn't going to run as well as you had planned. The bottom line, if you are planning on running 100, and not putting the motor on the dyno, I'd be willing to bet you're 1. not going to make your goal the first time out. 2. going to spend money on re-doing engine and pump setup work that were initially based on guestimates. I'm not trying to cut on you, but if you're building the HP to go 100, you can afford the dyno run. If not I hope you can afford the potential broken parts on the lake.
Good luck,
Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)