Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: ?

OneBadScorpion
    Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
    [QUOTE] Originally posted by ULTRA28:
    How about if everybody just stops the personal attacks around here and we all just go back to talking about boats and pumps?
    Yes ultra i agree. Lets start by having our buddy randy answer my original question
    FYI--I live 3 miles from Duane Oblander and Hi-Tech Performance here in wichita. I drive by the shop twice daily, on my way to work and home from work!

HBjet
    There isn't any personal attacks going on. Chet just insists that Aggressor will out perform any other pump (or pump related part) in any boat and that I'm silly for not using them.
    That boat to me sure looks like a 21' tunnel, but if you measure from the sponson tip to the very end of the pump, I could see 23' but who measures that way anyway?
    I just want to know if the Agressor bowl and impeller were out of the box and bolted on? Does anyone else think they were, or do you think the were modified for max performance?
    HBjet

AGGRESSOR JETS
    H.B.Jet -Play all your Games,You are distroying a conversation and help page!
    Aggressor Performance builders seem to know our product & Seem to Keep setting Records.
    Tom Papp, J.P.Marine, Harold Bruce R&D Marine, Mike Ward -Mikes Pump & Speed, Dwayne Oblander- Hi Tech Performance,Jim Brock- Cyclone Speed & Marine,Don Harris Blade Runner,Doc- Dry Dock Marine Vic Vanhorn- Desert Yacht, Rick Green Wilder Enterprises,
    Force Fed Racing,G.S.Marine, GT Boats,Scotts Marine- and the list goe's on 200 MORE! You should Do your racing on the track not on a Public Forum. Its OK to favor a builder or Pump company but don't tear it apart with your world of mouth. Dave Aggressor

rivercrazy
    Originally posted by AGGRESSOR JETS:
    Aggressor Performance builders seem to know our product & Seem to Keep setting Records.
    Tom Papp, J.P.Marine, Harold Bruce R&D Marine, Mike Ward -Mikes Pump & Speed, Dwayne Oblander- Hi Tech Performance,Jim Brock- Cyclone Speed & Marine,Don Harris Blade Runner,Doc- Dry Dock Marine Vic Vanhorn- Desert Yacht, Rick Green Wilder Enterprises,
    Force Fed Racing,G.S.Marine, GT Boats,Scotts Marine- and the list goe's on 200 MORE! You should Do your racing on the track not on a Public Forum. Its OK to favor a builder or Pump company but don't tear it apart with your world of mouth. Dave Aggressor
    Dave. You obviously haven't been reading all the posts involving HB and CC. If you read them, you will realize the CC is doing more dis-service to Aggressor than anyone on the boards.
    HB has spoken only facts from his own experience and posted his satisfaction with MPD. Chet was the one who came in knocking Randy for using MPD and recommending MPD based on his experience. CC doesn't have the basis or real world experience for comparing Aggressor to any other manufacturer.
    Let's face the facts, American Turbine, Dominator, Berkeley, Legend, and Aggressor can all be reworked to provide essentially the same performance in most applications. There are some minor differences new out of the box. Most new boat manufacturers I've seen in So Cal either install AT, Dominator, or Legend.

custom-cruiser
    I think everybody knows this subject is a little more about pride and sh*t talking than actual side by side real world testing.
    Chet came off a little cocky(ok maybe big cocky)on some earlier post and HB called him on it. Both these guys have strong opinions and back their chosen product.If Ultra built four boats same hull same engine and Four different pump tuners(MPD,High Tech,Don's,etc.)put in four different tuned pumps I would be very suprised if there was a 5 MPH spread, Maybe it would be 10 MPH but who knows until actual conditions and side by side comparisions are done.
    Me personally?? The UPS man just drove off to Costa Mesa with my American Turbine pump and Jack is putting in a "AA" stainless legend.
    "GOD BLESS AMERICA" Freedom of choice!!! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    Cruise
    [This message has been edited by custom-cruiser (edited January 23, 2002).]

Leon
    ((((((((( TROLL ))))))))))

Havasu_Dreamin
    You guys gotta let it go! Way too much badnwidth devoted to this "debate".
    HD

flat broke
    Dave,
    I think you have the wrong guy on this one. If you wanted to do something positive for the image of your company, maybe you could shoot Chet a quick email and promise him some stickers or something if he were to lay off the rhetoric and let things be.
    The bottom line is that Chet made a claim about your product in comparision to other products, but he chose to compare a new Aggressor product to a well used Berkley one. No one looking for comparative information between the two products is served well by that sort of disinformation. I believe that is all Randy is trying to get at. From where I stand there hasn't been an attack on Aggressor's product, just reiteration of what some of your distributors said.
    You guys are heading in the right direction by trying new things like the twin pump idea etc. I'm sure you've noted the positive responses and inquiries that product has recieved. Focus your efforts in that direction and I think you'll be much better off than if you come down on a specific individual on this forum.
    My .02
    Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

ROZ
    I don't think HB is tearing apart any company. If I have read correctly, someone already tested an Aggressor pump his application and came to the conclusion that bottom line....It wasn't worth it for him to make the swap. Too bad he needs to go through all this BS. Why would anyone want to swap anything for no real change in the bottom line? I think he even made some compliments about the impeller. If anyone is slamming, it's Chet saying that Aggressor under any circumstance is the best pump. Right? Isn't that what he's saying? Who started this thread anyway? HB? Nope.

HBjet
    Dave, nice to have you here but your not looking at the whole picture bud. I have no beef with Aggressor or any pump MFG for that matter. I see you listed people who sell your product, but does that mean they recommend it over any others? Lets take Harold Bruce from R&D (and the Hot Boat jet tech guy) What pump does how run in his BGJ at speeds up to 147mph? Is it Aggressor? I don't know about the impeller but I can say I do know the bowl and suction piece are not Aggressor. Again, I'm just going by what I see and according to our friend Chet, if Harold Bruce uses an Aggressor bowl I'm sure he will pass 150mph with flying colors. Well according to Chet he will.
    You should Do your racing on the track not on a Public Forum. Its OK to favor a builder or Pump company but don't tear it apart with your world of mouth. Dave Aggressor
    I like this statement you have here. You relize it's a public forum, but you don't want me to speak my mind. By the way, I think your last sentence should be directed to ChetCapoli.
    Thanks for your imput, good luck with the twin drives.
    HBjet

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast