Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ?

HBjet
    Now were on to testing drag boats, at the races. This whole debate between Chet and myself all started because we both were suggesting OUR recommendations to a fellow boater who wanted to rebuild his pump, and also wanted a split bowl, and he also didn't want to spend a lot of money. I suggested converting his original Berkeley JC to a JG for $325 and Chet suggested that he not waste his money and go with current technology for 30% more. Then the debate started because I said for the cost difference between the two the performance difference wouldn't be noticiable. Chet begged to differ on my opinion. He stated the Aggressor bowl increases performance in any application. I disagree with that statement and now we are here. Testing 1000+ horse power drag boats to find the (for example) 8 mph better bowl and impeller. RacingRascals boat isn't a drag boat, but is sure has the motor for one. I only suggested to him that we use his boat because, one, it has never been ran yet. Two, it is very easy to swap out bowls and impellers since his pump is set back (unlike mine) If I had a set back pump, I'd use my boat. So lets say the Aggressor bowl and impeller combo run 8mph faster in a 1000+ horse power motor at speeds over 100. What will that do for the boat that does 50, 60, and 70 mph? Thats what I would like to know.
    HBjet
    [This message has been edited by HBjet (edited January 24, 2002).]

RiverDave2
    Battle of the Pumps! I love it!
    Aggressor, other then Andy having to front the money to try your products I think it would be a good deal! The sticker for a year is a little extreme as well.
    How about, he runs it and if it's quicker then he buys it (at a little below retail) you lose that sticker idea and substitute it with a formal "You were right and I was wrong" from HBJet to Chet? (In my book that's raisin the stakes)
    That way if it does end up faster Andy's happy becuase his boat performs better, and I'm sure he'll be promoting your products through word of mouth.. He gets a good deal on your products, you still make money. You get publicity on the boards...
    And the debate between HBJet, and Chet will come to a close!
    Everybodies a winner...
    RD

JohnwithJm
    If the idea is to find out what pump,bowl,impeller works best on a 50,60,70 mph boat why are you testing on a 1000hp motor?

miller killer
    If you want to see what the diffrence is in a 40,50,or 60 mph site,go to www.sea-doo.com,if (http://www.sea-doo.com,if) you want that 1000hp motor to go 50mph take it to that dick-head shoemaker,maybe he will set it up too,then you can get tossed out around 45.step up to the plate and lets get it on.ive got the boat and the parts,lets do it.

77charger
    Do you think those mph gains will be found in other boats pushing the same power? Say a 18' Rally Sport V-bottom with extended center strakes to the end of the transom.
    LMAO. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

77charger
    Originally posted by AGGRESSOR JETS:
    The Pump Co. you rave about I have yet to see one of thier Pumps in a Drag Boat or at the Races, "could there be a reason" I do see most others. NOW STOP TURNING THIS FORUM INTO A RAG!
    If you want everyones opinion why arent the other pump builders runnin unblown jets in the low 7s and in the 130s.Im sure others do good work but to make a boat run this fast it takes perfect work and the right combo.btw chet when is that doughnut machine comin here to ca.hehehehe

miller killer
    77 Charger, my edge did run in the 7 second class at well over 130mph,check it out at www.norwall.com (http://www.norwall.com) go to links and hit cotton candy.this is the boat i am offering for your guys challenge,papp is setting the boat up next week,this boat ran in the u.b.f.j. class.i bought this boat about 3 months a go.

77charger
    pretty impressive i just saw it.Who holds the current record righ now.I am not knocking you or your boat like i said it is impressive and you readily step up to back it up.

HYDROMOBILE
    77charger your unblown jetran 7.44 on n02 that makes it unblown fuel jet, in nhra unblown fuel runs with blown alcohol, Harold Jr. ran a blown alcohol jet 7.0's and Harold runs 7.3's on blown gas 148. they have aggressor parts. that is fact.!!!! anybody can make just about any part work if you work long enough and hard enough on it. Don't knock people or manufacturer, when they find the ways they relate it to you the avarage jet boater. so lets stock tht argueing and all get along. se ya Jim

racingrascal
    Originally posted by AGGRESSOR JETS:
    To Your Challange ? see part 2 of this message with my number. Dave
    Second:
    To the One that offered a challange of "Test off"- here we go:
    1) I would like it done at the Races.
    2)Set up changes will be by TOM Papp and all Aggressor Products will be provided by Tom.
    You can bring your guy to!
    3)You put the Retail Price -UP Front
    A)Mag.Bronze Impeller $695.00 your Horsepower- thats all you need.
    if you want a 17-4 Stainless $1350.00 your call
    4)The New Aggressor Designed 7Vane Bowl & 9Vane Bowl will both be brought to find your best Performance range. Price Complete with greese fitting, seal, bushings $598.50 7 or 9
    Vane.
    5)Upon completion of test- You Buy any that run Quicker or faster if Aggressor!
    and if the package ends up Aggressor You Put Our Decals & Keep on your Boat 1) Year.
    P/S Dual Drive has been testing the last 2 weeks "it works and is strong"
    1. Why not on a lake in San Diego under normal conditions?
    2. Why Tom? Why can't you or anybody else do these easy changes?
    3. Why would Ultra pay retail?
    5. If you can't afford to do your own R&D why should I pay for it.
    I made the offer to prove to people on the boards and abroad. I have a stock Berkley bowl and Legend SS impeller. I thought that you could come out and prove to some of these guys that neither you nor Chet is full of shit. I am not saying one or the other is better, but it would interesting to see if your parts do make the differences you claim they do. It would be a good test, brand new boat, no modes made to the pump with some good HP. That's my offer, I invited you to use my boat that's all, not hey let's have Tom Papp and Jack McClure set my pump up with different "blue printed parts" at the races. I am building a river boat not an NJBA drag boat. As I feel most guys here are doing. We want to know how the parts work in a normal boat, if you have to have 1,200 - 1,400 hp to see the difference between your stuff and others who would ever pay $1,350 for a SS impeller from you? Let me know what you think of a normal test. BTW in case you didn't get it yet this is not by any means an attack on you, Chet or the parts you build.
    Andy

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast