Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spam: Parts for Sale

Speedin' Ian
    I have this advertised in the Gear Head section but that forums doesn't get much action so I thought I'd put it in here:
    I am building a new motor which means I have a bunch of parts I want to sell.
    1 fresh 4 bolt block 60 over with billet mains = $600.00
    - this thig was just checked out and it got a fresh bill of health, just needs cam bearings
    1 LS7 crank, internally balanced, but needs to be turned = 300.00
    1 set of dimple rods, need to be resized = 200.00
    1 set of TRW blower pistons, pins need to be resized = 200.00
    1 4 bolt block 60 over with studs (this is the one with 2 o-rings) = 400.00
    1 Clay Smith roller cam (lifter failed so this may not be worth anything )
    All these parts except for the cam and block with two o-rings were checked for cracks and came ack good. Any ideas on what this stuff is worth?

76BARRON
    I dont think it's worth much at all.
    How much for the crank and rods?

Speedin' Ian
    Not much at all huh?
    If I didn't know better I'd say your trying to pull a fast one on me. Maybe a third party would be willing to throw some numbers out there as I have no idea what it's worth. I know what my new parts cost, can I charge the same

Norseman
    Not much at all huh?
    If I didn't know better I'd say your trying to pull a fast one on me. Maybe a third party would be willing to throw some numbers out there as I have no idea what it's worth. I know what my new parts cost, can I charge the same
    Ask the guys in the machine shop you are using, they should know what the stuff is worth.

Speedin' Ian
    Good Idea I will call them tomorrow and get a rough idea.

Moneypitt
    If these blocks are already .060 over, how can they be bored to the next owners .060 pistons?? Does that mean they would have to be bored/honed to .090 pistons?...........So what are they worth as they are now? I don't know how far you can bore a MK IV safely, and the odds of them being the right size for the next set of .060 pistons is slim........MP

Speedin' Ian
    Well one of the blocks has a fresh bore so it is ready for a 060 over piston, the other one would work assuming it just needs a light hone. Then again I have no idea what I'm talking about :wink: , so maybe some one can tell us if a 060 over block is worth anything

UPtight
    I will sponser you for one night at the Red Dog in thade for all of it :crossx:
    I'll PM you the details.

Moneypitt
    Ian, normally a block is bored per piston, each hole is to each piston. Different pistons require different clearances, if the block was bored to a piston that likes alot of clearance, then it couldn't be right for a set of closer clearanced pistons.....It doesn't mean it isn't worth as much, just gotta be careful which pistons are used. Ask the shop for actual bore measurements....MP......I may be interested.........

Fiat48
    Moneypitt...did you ever get that race motor apart and figure what let go?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast