Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snap-On???

Chestah Cheetah
    7-11?? What kind of tools HB? Zig Zags, lighter, 22Oz. Cobra Malt Liqour?
    Sears actually has this pretty good deal on a 30 piece Craftsman racthet & misc. tool set in a nice case for $24. God kit to have on the boat.

riodog
    RTJ, try Chris Hafner, 1-714-350-1663
    snap-on dealer and a nice guy also.
    the dog

Unchained
    I have had several Craftsman socket wrenches break and will never buy one again. Once you have a broken one it's a pain to have to make another trip to exchange it for a new one. The Snap-Ons are a more expensive but a lot better tool.

flat broke
    I'm gonna have to give craftsmen the thumbs down. I have used em since I was a little kid wrenching on my wagons and bikes. Once I started swapping trannies and engines... you find out what they're made of. Between, my father, brother and myself, we have probably broken 5 3/8 drives and 3 1/2 drives (why should a 1/2 drive break) Not to mention some irregular sizing on a couple of sockets and wrenches here and there. Perhaps the biggest gripe about craftsmen stuff is their ratchet design. How many times have you been wrenching away on something only to have the ratche spontaneously switch to loosen instead of tighten? Maybe its just me. Do I have snap On stuff... yeah, two things a compression tester, and a timing light. Beyond that everything else is crafstmen. As it breaks I swap it out for other stuff, but cant afford to go full on Snap On.
    Chris

picklefork1
    HBjet - Thats funny about the 7-11 tools, I have a set from kragen, 75 piece set probably only ran $19, worth every penny and still haven't broke anything.

Cas42
    Back when I was turning wrenches, I filled my tool box with Snap On. 20 years later, I still a lot of them but during that time I've had 2- 3/8" and 1 1/2" ratchet break. Also had a 9/16" deep socket split, screw driver tips break and a set of channel lock type pliers snap. Since my brother was a dealer, it was pretty easy to get things replaced. I've since changed to either Craftsmen or Mac because of what fryzll mentioned, Snap On totally screwed my brother by splitting his territory and giving most of his route to another dealer. My brother ended up losing a ton of business which ended up forcing him out.
    I still do like the Snap On ratchets and sockets though.

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
    DUDE!!!!!! Call Snap-on @ 800-865-1199. Thats thier regional office located in Sacramento. They will give you your rep's name and number based on our zip code and area. In some cases, they will even do a drive-by or tell you where you can meet them. Oh ya, just a quick comment. I have broken craftsman, snap-on and mac's. THEY ALL BREAK and even though we don't want to admit it, it's normally the users fault. Everytime I have broken one it's been my fault. Probably caused by the fact that I know my Snap-on's have a lfetime warrenty and just don't give a f**k if I break it or not. PEACE.

RiverDave2
    BlownDragBoat, Snap ON Craftsmen even Husky tools from Home Depot all have the no questions asked gaurantee life time replacement.
    Snap on Differences,
    The reason why I choose Snap On is quality. If you look at the selector switches on a Snap On you'll notice that there out of the way when your working on stuff. Craftsmen puts these big jiloppy selectors on top that forever decided for themselves which way they want to go. As well as the Snap on heads on there wrenches are much smaller for fitting into hard to reach places. Snap On takes the time to "ergonomically" design there wrenches which make them more functional, They don't go cheap on the materials there made of and the tolerances on there production are about 5 X's tighter then the other two. When you have a wrench that is a "snug fit" on a bolt there is alot less chance of it coming off and you hurting yourself.
    Snap On = less busted knuckles.
    RD http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    [This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited October 11, 2001).]

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
    I agree with you RD...Thats all I use my brutha. I keep other stuff around to loan my friends!!! You know how your frinds can be when it comes to tools.

RiverDave2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast