Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Health Insurance.

Mandelon
    After turning the 4th decade last month, my newest health insurance bill arrived. It was $621 a quarter and now its $1023!! This covers both my wife and me, but is considered "Catastrophic Care" and has a $2500 deductible.....Works out to be $341 a month for the two of us. No dental, no vision, reduced cost of medicine. $25 copay I think....
    My two kids (9 and 11) are $744 a quarter for a normal PPO type deal. Both are Blue Cross.
    That sucks. :cry: Or does it? What is everyone paying out there? ARe these numbers in line? You government workers....well, nevermind. :wink:

Havasu_Dreamin
    I pay $47 per month for Blue Cross HMO. And no, I don't work for the government, well, at least not directly.

Sleek-Jet
    The company picks up mine... 100%, but I'm single with no kids. On the little ditty statemant I get at the end of the year, I think they pay 200.00 a month or so for my insurance, United Health Care PPO.
    Dental and Vision are seperate and I pay a portion of those, also they both suck... but are better than nothing.

BarryMac
    Not rubbing it in my Friend, my entire family costs me $44.00 a month, includes medical, dental and vision. I work for a great company that takes great care of it's employees...

JetBoatRich
    I am one of the lucky ones as well managers get free health care benefits at our company. We still have co-pays, etc. It is only $15 per visit. My recent visit's to the Dr., each time I was told we had excellent coverage

mtndewdrops
    I was using Blue Shield PPO when I was a contractor. It was $650 a month for my family of 5, with a $20 copay. They were the cheapest since they are a non-profit company.

Mandelon
    I suppose I could reply with saying that my company pays 100% of it.
    But I write those checks too..... :squiggle: :notam:
    When you guys wonder why it costs so much to have a contractor work on your house, blame the insurance companies....and the lawyers, too. I guess.
    Add in what I have to pay to workers' comp, Liability, EDD, vehicles, office, health, etc, it gets ugly.....

Mandelon, That still isn't too bad. My wife and I pay about $750.00 a month for Kaiser for just the 2 of us. We have a $25.00 co-pay each visit, no dental but it does include prescriptions for $10.00 each. If you think hospitalization is expensive try getting hurt or sick without it.

BarryMac
    I suppose I could reply with saying that my company pays 100% of it.
    But I write those checks too..... :squiggle: :notam:
    When you guys wonder why it costs so much to have a contractor work on your house, blame the insurance companies....and the lawyers, too. I guess.
    Add in what I have to pay to workers' comp, Liability, EDD, vehicles, office, health, etc, it gets ugly.....
    I feel for ya brother, it is so expensive to run a Business in Cali, the cost of healthcare is just one reason that my brother decided to take his Contractor business to Colorado...

MsDrmr
    Not rubbing it in my Friend, my entire family costs me $44.00 a month, includes medical, dental and vision. I work for a great company that takes great care of it's employees...
    They Hiring??? :idea:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast