Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on "***boats and Babes" photo shoot

Shark In The Pond
    Well .... I look at it like Taylormanss it's another event to go to and when you own these boats like we have EVERYTHING is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ! I'm coming from Lubbock and it's a pretty good haul . The 16 dollar dealio don't bother me ,hell I wish I could always pay 16.00 for what ya get .

Shark In The Pond
    what's 16 buck and some new freinds beside wait till they get a load of the owner of this boat it's a female http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...ctures0017.jpg
    I looked this boat over good while at Garrys and look forward to meeting her .

borderlinecrazy
    Throw in my 2 cents worth,..................
    Yes, free camping was offered from the beginning and a free T-shirt and a free meal. Well, the only thing that has changed is that the camping is still free, you will get two T-shirts and two free meals and a free 8 x 10 photo and get free access to a Army Corps park for the event (friday and saturday) ($24.00). I figure that's about $70.00 worth of gimmes. Many of us have elected to stay at a local Resort and not take advantage of the free camping. That was our own choice, and we accept the cost. Now, as for the $16.00, when Cookieman and I met with these folks and talked deal, this was the best deal we could come up with that met everyone's needs and was still within (the boaters) expectations, and the swimsuit companies budget. Having put on several state wide events, I can tell you,.....it is expensive. I hope everyone can come to this event and promote jetboating in the State of Texas, and meet other jetboaters who share our interests. If anyone is unclear as to our (Texas jetboaters) intentions to support this event, promote a safe boating atmosphere, while promoting ourselves at the same time, then please rethink your intentions to show up.
    Looking forward to seeing all of the great people I have met on the internet at this event and starting off this summer in a great way.
    As I understand, in the event of a rain out, this event would be re-scheduled in May so as not to interfere with any boating events i.e. SDBA, IHBA or any other events we (jetboaters) have scheduled already.

cookieman
    Hey Omega I went back and looked at some of the post you had at the beginning of this thing and you were so positive as to the event. I noticed that you got a note from Renee saying she had pics of your boat and just need to find the owner. I really don't know what went wrong as to turn you so sour as to this event. I can tell you that this event will be much like the ones you heard about before, but had not attended before just like Plowman's. We all have heard of events but until we attend one and get the experience ourselves it is hard to imagine. Like I posted before we meet with these people and talked to them about making this a full blown event. They hope that everything will go great so that it my become an annual event just like Jetfest, Boatfest, or Plowman's. I can't wait to meet all the new people that I see here on these web sites to put a name and face together. I know that in the few years that I have been attending these Texas boating events I have meet a lot of new friends. So stay excited, I know most everyone I see on here can't wait and I know a good time will be had by all. Everyone that reads the forums needs to see we are a boating enthusiats and need to pull togther as a group a people with a common interset ***boatING............

beyondhelpin
    Bikini models and you are worried about $16 ?! :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

Jet Hydro
    I thought about bringing down the Jet Hydro but I never got a reply so I`ll just save my $1000 on travel money for Waco season opener
    Hey OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET we alway`s have a big party up here once a year, this year we are talking bout moving it to OK City and your welcome to come.

taylormanss
    HEY jethydro who did you contact?cause we would love to have you come down and visit.
    taylormanss......................

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Hey Omega I went back and looked at some of the post you had at the beginning of this thing and you were so positive as to the event. I noticed that you got a note from Renee saying she had pics of your boat and just need to find the owner. I really don't know what went wrong as to turn you so sour as to this event. I can tell you that this event will be much like the ones you heard about before, but had not attended before just like Plowman's. We all have heard of events but until we attend one and get the experience ourselves it is hard to imagine. Like I posted before we meet with these people and talked to them about making this a full blown event. They hope that everything will go great so that it my become an annual event just like Jetfest, Boatfest, or Plowman's. I can't wait to meet all the new people that I see here on these web sites to put a name and face together. I know that in the few years that I have been attending these Texas boating events I have meet a lot of new friends. So stay excited, I know most everyone I see on here can't wait and I know a good time will be had by all. Everyone that reads the forums needs to see we are a boating enthusiats and need to pull togther as a group a people with a common interset ***boatING............
    man......I guess my post really came out wrong. I am NOT sour about this event and yes I am excited. There was a comment made about why more folks hadn't 'pre-registered' I was simply trying to provide some insight into maybe why. :hammerhea Come on Bill you met me you know I am good people.....no drama here. Just a good ole boy from Houston that likes to have fun. Like I said the amount of money was never an issue. We obviously all have enough if we can BLOW IT on our boats. :220v: I was simply trying to point out the transition from the original deal to what it is now. I was not necessarily complaining....rather providing constructive criticism as my post stated. Perhaps next year things will be more nailed down. I understand this is the first year and many things are unknown.
    I hope no one will pass judgement on me as a negative @sshole (even though my wife tells me I am :wink: ) No worries Cookieman I am still excited and I will be there......guess I need to get on the stick and get my form mailed in! I will be bringing my Lumix 5MP digital camera and taking some pictures of my own. I have a 12x optical zoom too! so if anyone wants some DIGITAL pictures that are capable of being blown up to poster size I would be glad to hook you up (no charge ). I hope to see you all there and meet some new folks. I am all about meeting new folks if you remember plowman's. Now back on topic.....sorry this thing turned south.
    Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    I thought about bringing down the Jet Hydro but I never got a reply so I`ll just save my $1000 on travel money for Waco season opener
    Hey OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET we alway`s have a big party up here once a year, this year we are talking bout moving it to OK City and your welcome to come.
    sweet! thanks for the invite! when is this event? We are having a get together of sorts in June on Lake Somerville here in Texas. You are officially invited to bring the hydro. There are some really good places on Somerville to run that hydro of yours.
    Omega

taylormanss
    Hey Omega I know exactly what you mean.When I posted that thread about drinking and boating I wasn't talking about going out and having a couple of beers,I was talking about the guys that go out and drink drink drink,then go out and run their boats like jackass thinking their boat is the fastest boat out there.I've got kids that I take with me to mostly all events,so do alot others,and I don't think they need to be around these idiots while they'are running with no sense!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast