Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Turbo EFI systems

Jrocket
    Who has them and where can I get some info on them.Brummett,Teague, anybody else besides them?

steelcomp
    Call Rick Head at Innovative Turbo in So. Cal. He's the leader of the pack right now.

Jrocket
    Innovative is definately doing well,but Im not sure about the marine applications?

Havasu Hangin'
    Gary says that he's almost ready to offer a package...no more "one-off" expenses.
    :idea:

Jrocket
    Gary says that he's almost ready to offer a package...no more "one-off" expenses.
    :idea:
    Yep,I know.Im inline right now.

Fogged Gullwing
    As far as rick goes he can supply you with the turbo's. You might have to get your own manifolds it you have a covered motor and your own efi system. I like the FAST system easy to use and tune. I think the superchiller guys offer a complete system. Pieceing one of these together is not that tough you just need someone who can tune it. Paul Pffaf / Ken Duttwieler / Boostpower Etc. There are many efi managment systems that will work. Just do so homework and you can find out. I was rick's crew chief on his race car and we tuned as needed so Call around and see. Paul pffaff probably has done the most boat stuff.
    Hope this helps BK

Jrocket
    Piecing it together is an idea,and Im looking into it.I know theres a couple different manifolds that can be used and intakes as well.I was thinking of EFI tech,motec,or fast for the management system.I think the merc stuff will work up to a point but will need more in the future.Fuel pump,injectors,cam and such will all be upgraded.I guess I need to make some calls and take a look at what people have to offer.

05schiada
    Jrocket,
    Any of those options are great, but would suggest to stick to one guys combo. If you try to mix and match with alittle of everybodys combos you wont get the results that you are looking for. Didn't hear anybody mention Richard Lee. I spoke to Brummet, Lee, & Gary. Ended up with Gary for my EFI turbos.

Jrocket
    Great ideas,thanks.

Unchained
    I just got back from Tahoe and see you're discussing my second favorite subject.
    J rocket, How much work or assembly can you do yourself?
    Here's a good start on the EFI parts,
    http://www.racingjunk.com/exec/ca/vi...em--Parts.html
    If you want to buy a complete kit and just bolt it on and go it's going to be real expensive. If you can undertake a lot of the engineering, assembly, tuning yourself you can do it for a fraction of the cost.
    The most knowledgable "turbo/efi guru" on this site that I've talked to is "Heavy Hitter".
    Here's some pages I assembled from my project a couple years ago,
    http://www.michigan***boats.com/technical/turbo1.html
    Good luck
    Mark

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast