Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Twin Turbo EFI systems

flat broke
    Ty will look for the phone number when he gets home in a few hours. Once he has it, I"ll give you a jingle. There is a guy that shows at the Swap in LB selling overruns from the place we got the stuff we bought, so as a last resort you could send Deb hiking around at the next swap On the 2 systems we had (1 Banks, 1 Race Aero) we always used silicone.
    Now as far as USCG hose looking ghetto... Will anyone be able to get close enough to your boat while it's running to even see it? It's not ghetto, its "race look"
    Chris

F26
    bump

Jrocket
    Oh the pain!

Just Tool'n
    Bump, Bump

Scape Goat
    I have a ?on banks t turbo
    would I be able to install a waste gate between the exhaust manifold and the turbo base. what I want to do is make a billit plate to adapt a waste gate on the exhaust side.
    what waste gate and brand should I look for,
    I am between 10 and 12 psi on the turbos
    thanks for any comments
    brian

Unchained
    A sandwich plate between the exhaust manifold and the turbine housing is a real common way to do it. It will change some of your piping because it will space the turbo farther away.
    I machined a flat spot on the turbine housing just past the flange and bolted the wastegate right on it.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...htside-med.jpg
    In my opinion it's the most desirable to have the least possible internal volume in the exhaust manifold before the exhaust gas hits the turbine wheel.

Scape Goat
    so you bolted thru the housing correct, I would also like to know how to chose waste gates, my engine pronly don't make over 550 hp. But I would like to keep boost around 10

Unchained
    After machining the flat spot on the turbine housing we drilled and tapped holes and screwed two 5/16" stainless studs in and put a small weld on the inside to keep them in. It's worked real good for three years now.
    I got the wastegates from George at ARS marine. I also got the throttle bodies and the fuel pressure regulator from him. He's knows the manufacturer personally and had a real good price on all the parts I got from him.
    www.arsmarine.com

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213