Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Bad boating accident

NeedlesNut
    ok I have gone online and find local papers but nothing in them about the accident, at least not yet.
    WWW.NEEDLESDESERTSTAR.COM
    WWW.MOHOVEDAILYNEWS.COM

dirty old man
    Hope they are wrong about the alcohol, especially at 9:20 AM

Squeezing Spectra
    Just to set things straight the paper needs to get their facts right i was at the hospital last night while mohave valley sheriffs were there getting staments and the blood tests and there is NO alchol involed in any way and everone was tested 0% BAC.
    Thank You
    The Penny Family

WUTWZAT
    They also need to get their facts straight.... it was 3 women and 2 men. And I think the speed and alcohol maybe a contributing factor is a blanket statement they place on all accidents from the get go.
    All that really matters is that Amanda gets better!

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
    Speed Boat Sinks, Five Hurt
    TOPOCK, AZ – A morning of boating on the Colorado River nearly turned fatal Sunday for five southern California visitors when their boat crashed and sank, sending all five onboard to area hospitals.
    Officers with the MCSO’s Waterways division responded to the solo boating accident on the river, a quarter-mile south of Topock Shores Marina on Sunday at around 9:20am. Five adults from Torrance, California - 3 men and 2 women – suffered moderate to severe injuries while the 21’ Schiada ski boat they were riding in sank from an apparent collision. The incident occurred in the area near the Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railroad bridge. The cause of the accident is unknown, but Sheriff's investigators haven’t ruled out two possible factors – speed combined with alcohol.
    The Golden Shores Fire Department assisted police by helping to transport four of the victims to Colorado River Medical Center in Needles. Two of the passengers were treated and released while CRMC admitted the other two for moderate injuries.
    Police said a fifth person onboard sustained life threatening injuries. Amanda Penny, 21, was airlifted to University Medical Center in Las Vegas in critical condition.
    MCSO is continuing their investigation and possible charges are pending.
    How did I know someone would have to start this crap??????

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
    Just to set things straight the paper needs to get their facts right i was at the hospital last night while mohave valley sheriffs were there getting staments and the blood tests and there is NO alchol involed in any way and everone was tested 0% BAC.
    Thank You
    The Penny Family
    Thank you SS.........I'm glad to hear the good news in the updates!!!! Amanda is still in our prayers everyday!!!!!
    We love ya Nan!!!!!! And I can't wait to go shoe shoppin' with you when your all better!!!!!!

76ANTHONY
    They also need to get their facts straight.... it was 3 women and 2 men. And I think the speed and alcohol maybe a contributing factor is a blanket statement they place on all accidents from the get go.
    All that really matters is that Amanda gets better!
    i second this

Hi just a quick note i just recieved a positive call from her mom in vegas and she did very well through last night with noticible improvements today so far and we are getting nothing but positive input from the wonderfull hospital staff keep the prayers coming.
    Thank You
    The Penny Family
    Bruce
    That’s awesome. Let me know if you need any help or anything?

Mardonzi
    I drop off the boards for a few days and come back to this? Yuck....
    Glad to hear she is doing better. Best wishes from all of us Powell Peeps for a speedy recovery!!
    On a side note,, sure would be nice to see a retraction in the paper about the "possible cause"..

chub
    RRM do me a favor and take down your two posts!!! They both state that alcohol MAYBE involved and at this point I for one don't want to hear about that. All I care about is Amanda’s health
    The paper and cops said the same crap when we had our accident. Then they were pissed when the driver came back clean!

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425