Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AZ boats over 102" wide?

Craig
    You guys with the bigger boats greater than 102" wide, do you buy the yearly permit and tow with the oversize load signs or what? Friend is looking at a bigger cat and was wondering what folks do.
    Craig

Just Tool'n
    my friend has a HTM SR-24, it is 109" wide. He just said the heck with it & just pulls it, I know its only a few inches over the legal limit, but he said it only takes one cop too pay attention & he will get a ticket.
    I see the big cruisers that guys pull usually have the wieload sign on them.

Craig
    The 24 HTM is 109" wide? Man I didn't think they were 10" wider than my boat! My friend looking at the new boat was told by his insurance company that if you have an accident on the road and don't have the wide load permit, chances are your claim will be denied. Don't know if this is standard ops or not???

ELIMINAT THIS
    Craig hows it going. In ca you can get a yearly permit for $100 good for up to 12' wide they send you a book with all the routes that are ok then they fax you all the new stuff thru out the year.Wide load sighns front and rear also at night red lights all four corners.
    Now a little hijack im thinking about down sizing. I am looking at a 22' sport cat 1998 with a 502 mpi b-1 real clean for $35000 obo what ya think.
    Kaler

Craig
    I wonder if AZ has the same deal as far as the permit goes? Downsizing? Man are you crazy I love that boat of yours. I don't know about the book value on the 98 22, I'd offer 30 and go from there!!! Why the possible change?

Three Days Only
    The permit is.......
    12' max, legal, legal
    width, length,height.
    95.00 per year and banners front and rear w/ red flags at widest point. The permit is the easy part it's all the idiot's on the road which make it a drag

Big Bear
    I've got an Advantage 28ft Victory and it is 106" wide. Dealer told me he has never heard of anybody with that boat getting pulled over for being to wide. I just shined it and have not been hassled. http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...97Dsc00015.jpg

roln 20s
    You guys with the bigger boats greater than 102" wide, do you buy the yearly permit and tow with the oversize load signs or what? Friend is looking at a bigger cat and was wondering what folks do.
    Craig
    Hey Craig-
    Who's this "friend" thinking of going bigger? Someone that I may know
    BTW- tell Tony to buy that 30' Spectre with the 300Xs for 100K--that thing is beautiful.
    Roln 20s

Craig
    I've got an Advantage 28ft Victory and it is 106" wide. Dealer told me he has never heard of anybody with that boat getting pulled over for being to wide. I just shined it and have not been hassled. http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...97Dsc00015.jpg
    Yeah, I doubt if there'd be much hassle on a couple of inches, he's mostly concerned about what his insurance company told him. If he's on the road "illegal" (no permit), you're not covered. Seems the permit is not that big a deal per TDO.
    Patrick, yup, Tony's still dreamin'. Looking at a 91 37' Talon no motors. Rigged for triples.

bgchuby01
    For california wide load go to your local Cal Trans office and ask to buy a yearly wide load permit. As for Arizona as you come into the state you stop at the truck inspection station, (port of entry) and go inside and buy one you can get a 3-4 day permit or an annual.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast