Thread: So, how about Sprint for...

HammerDown
    ...cell phone service? Their National Digital + roaming coverage map appears massive! :supp: especially on the Eastern half of the US.
    (can ya tell I really want out from Verizon) :hammer2:

Wetter the Better
    Love it great service,great plans to choose from.very flexible.2 years ago and it seemed like Sprint was the only one to have coverage at Anna.Get Sprint now,and then in less than a year it will be compatable with Nextel.not sure if you heard Sprint and Nextel have merged to 1 company
    good luck
    Stan

hydrostream'n
    ...cell phone service? Their National Digital + roaming coverage map appears massive! :supp: especially on the Eastern half of the US.
    (can ya tell I really want out from Verizon) :hammer2:
    I hate to tell ya Hammer, but Verizon has a biggger footprint then all the carriers nationwide and no one has a bigger footprint then Verizon in the East.
    Those maps are marketing maps, DON"T BELIEVE THEM FOR ANY CARRIER. If you were to see the real coverage maps (and no carrier will show you them) you'd be very surprised. Head to head VZW gets the coverage edge everytime when they do the engineering studies.
    BUT
    They may not have it where you need it so go with the carrier that works in your areas, but don't be to quick to sign that long contract till you test it out good.
    Herb Mooney
    Wireless Engineer (worked for them all at some point)

Wet Dream
    I have CellOne and you know how I travel. The map doesn't mean chit. With my old digital phone I had large roaming areas, where I couldn't use the phone without being charged $0.79 per minute. Now with my GSM, I have yet to find a roaming area. I might have a small pocket where I lose service for a mile or 2 in the hills of PA where there isn't anything out here, but thats normal for any service.