Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Superboat

FASTERDAMITT
    Sorta yes and sorta no. There used to be a 21' Superboat that i saw at the Catalina Water Ski Race every year up until a few years ago. I think he ran in F2 along with those courages souls in the Coors Light outboard.
    Now when is John going to redesign the 24'???
    There are many Superboats around but not the Y2K. I seen a 21 outboard this weekend in Long Beach. I would like to see the 24 redone but they are still selling as they are.

FASTERDAMITT
    Sweet picture Faster...someday... if I can get my boat sold. I just saw an article in Speedboat Magazine, they did a test against some 30ft. boats and the Superboat did very well, the only boat they liked better was an Activator for double the price..
    Where can I get the magazine at?

rlj676
    I just browsed that article at a grocery store. They compared a 80k superboat to a 160k activator, 180k eliminator and a 140k advantage I think. They all had 525's or similar, and the superboat was the fastest buy a bit I believe. It came in second like mentioned to the activator, only because it doesn't have as many standard items or quite as polished a finish in the cabin, etc, and less bling.
    I have been wondering something about the Y2K as it is on my long list of possible boats for next spring, is there room on the back bench for 4, or with the 7' beam only 3. I would like room for at least 6, and with no ventilation really for the cabin I don't think many would like to ride down there.

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    Where can I get the magazine at?
    I found it at Vons up in Big Bear..

FASTERDAMITT
    I just browsed that article at a grocery store. They compared a 80k superboat to a 160k activator, 180k eliminator and a 140k advantage I think. They all had 525's or similar, and the superboat was the fastest buy a bit I believe. It came in second like mentioned to the activator, only because it doesn't have as many standard items or quite as polished a finish in the cabin, etc, and less bling.
    I have been wondering something about the Y2K as it is on my long list of possible boats for next spring, is there room on the back bench for 4, or with the 7' beam only 3. I would like room for at least 6, and with no ventilation really for the cabin I don't think many would like to ride down there.
    The Y2K seats 5. The cockpit is as roomy as any other 30' V. There is no side storage is why. The sides of the cockpit to hull outside is only about 6-8"s. There could be room for 6 if he eliminated the rear seat armrests on the two outside seats.
    As you said the boat in not about Bling. Peformance is John's main goal and built like a rock. Mine was ordered as a race boat with foam and balsa coreing in the whole boat. I have bench's and a V birth but no cushions, carpet ect. After the new boat thing is over I may race if I can find sponsers. I am having the cabin done here locally when I'm done with the boat this fall. Currently, it is very cool down there. Once I get it done I'm sure it be much warmer down there due to the insulation from the cool water temps. I can say now, with a fan it's comfortable even in Havasu 100+ deg.
    I would never let anyone ride down below, probably because the way I drive.
    Rushin,
    Thanks, I'll try Von's over here.
    I went to Catalina last Sunday, what a blast it was. The boat sliced those 6 footers on the way back just like JC said.

rlj676
    The Y2K seats 5. The cockpit is as roomy as any other 30' V. There is no side storage is why. The sides of the cockpit to hull outside is only about 6-8"s. There could be room for 6 if he eliminated the rear seat armrests on the two outside seats.
    As you said the boat in not about Bling. Peformance is John's main goal and built like a rock. Mine was ordered as a race boat with foam and balsa coreing in the whole boat. I have bench's and a V birth but no cushions, carpet ect. After the new boat thing is over I may race if I can find sponsers. I am having the cabin done here locally when I'm done with the boat this fall. Currently, it is very cool down there. Once I get it done I'm sure it be much warmer down there due to the insulation from the cool water temps. I can say now, with a fan it's comfortable even in Havasu 100+ deg.
    I would never let anyone ride down below, probably because the way I drive.
    I went to Catalina last Sunday, what a blast it was. The boat sliced those 6 footers on the way back just like JC said.
    Thanks for the help. Your boat is definitely cool, and I would love to do a big custom motor build like you did, but insurance might get too crazy. So it sounds like the cockpit is fairly roomy, but lacking in side storage. I definitely wouldn't expect anyone to ride in the cabin much, but on a day of just relaxing I would want it to be able to get a few extra people out to an anchor spot without cooking them alive. If I go with a Y2k I'd spend the money I saved on less bling on a paint job like you see on a Cig Gladiator to create a mini-gladiator look for about 1/4 the price, and with a cabin.

FASTERDAMITT
    Thos Gladiator schemes are cool.

FASTERDAMITT
    Sweet picture Faster...someday... if I can get my boat sold. I just saw an article in Speedboat Magazine, they did a test against some 30ft. boats and the Superboat did very well, the only boat they liked better was an Activator for double the price..
    HELP! I can't find the Speedboat Magazine anywhere. I even contacted the publisher with no resonse. Can I pay someone to send one to me?

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    HELP! I can't find the Speedboat Magazine anywhere. I even contacted the publisher with no resonse. Can I pay someone to send one to me?
    I will look for one at my local store..if not maybe I will give you my copy, since I have already read it 3 times...

Huntingtonbeach
    It was at barns and noble in manhattan beach last week... I'll swing by and grab it for you if you need Tom just send me a pm or an email.
    Rob

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast