Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCA To Stereo Mini

Hallett19
    I have CD-IN RCA's in the back of my head unit, is it possible to hook in my iPod to these via a RCA to Stereo Mini connector ? My head unit is a Panasonic DP975. Thanks for any help !

BoatFloating
    I have CD-IN RCA's in the back of my head unit, is it possible to hook in my iPod to these via a RCA to Stereo Mini connector ? My head unit is a Panasonic DP975. Thanks for any help !
    I'm pretty sure you can. I know my Sony has a input via RCA. I don't have a IPOD but I'm sure you have a output and just need to run out of that to the RCA's in....

Hallett19
    I plugged in some rca's to stereo mini today and could not get it work, the head unit just stayed on single CD. If anyone has any info to make this work, it would be greatly appreciated !!!

BoatFloating
    I plugged in some rca's to stereo mini today and could not get it work, the head unit just stayed on single CD. If anyone has any info to make this work, it would be greatly appreciated !!!
    Does that unit have a source button???? You might have to get it to the source . On my Sony I have to hit the source button to I get to AUX.

Hallett19
    It has a source button and I cycled through it with the rca's hooked up to the back and I could not get it to show an AUX option. It has an icon of a single cd and a stack of cd's representing thr changer, but no AUX button or menu.
    Anyone ??? Beuler.....

ROZ
    Chances are tht the RCA inputs are for the deck's changer function. You can try playing your ipod through it when you have the source button selecting the changer setting, but it may not work since the bus cable from the changer won't be installed...
    Let us know what happens...

BoatFloating
    It has a source button and I cycled through it with the rca's hooked up to the back and I could not get it to show an AUX option. It has an icon of a single cd and a stack of cd's representing thr changer, but no AUX button or menu.
    Anyone ??? Beuler.....
    Again I have a Sony so there different units so I don't know about yours that CD in could be for a changer only and not a AUX source. I told ROZ to look at this thread ad see if he knew your unit since I don't... Good Luck

BoatFloating
    Chances are tht the RCA inputs are for the deck's changer function. You can try playing your ipod through it when you have the source button selecting the changer setting, but it may not work since the bus cable from the changer won't be installed...
    Let us know what happens...
    Boy great minds think a like..... I don't think it will work since the BUS needs to be plugged in for the head unit to know to go to the changer function....

ROZ
    Boy great minds think a like..... I don't think it will work since the BUS needs to be plugged in for the head unit to know to go to the changer function....

I think you're right, but it's worth a try since he already has the part...

Hallett19
    no workie ..... I called panasonic and suck it in, you guys are right.... the rca's are for changer controls (ive never heard of that)
    I always thought changer controls were just that big circle connector w/ a big cable, not that and rca's..... oh well, so the only other way to hard wire that thing into the unit is to get that AUX device I saw in another thread then
    This iPod isnt as cool as I thought it once was..... and the iTrip BLOWS MY ASS !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast