Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At the risk of sounding like a sap..

hoolign
    did anyone watch that home reno show last night , where they knocked down the house of the little girl who had cancer, then built the family a 5400 sq ft home? I just thought it was very cool how they got the little girl and her family to lead a team of people to renovate the cancer ward she was in with the help of Disney animators. Then snuck back and demolished their old house and built them a really cool house. I just thought it was a very cool show, not so much the reno part..just the idea behind it!

SDLifesaver
    Cool show lastnight. Loves comes first was the tear jerker by the little girl with cancer. My wife watches that show every night it's on and I got sucked in lastnight.

hoolign
    Well I was just flipin channels and saw the 3 D9's pushin over the house, then watched the show. Pretty amazing little girl!

OGShocker
    They do some awesome things for people on that show!
    I have always wondered if the IRS taxes them for the value of the rebuild. Would suck to get a tax bill for $400,000 of added "income".

hoolign
    That would be a bloody shame if they did that!! i though it was cool that the construction company was picking up the motgage!

OGShocker
    If you win on the "Price is Right" you are taxed on the "STATED" value of your winnings. Friend of mine won $35,000.00 on PiR and had to sell everything she won, just to pay the taxes.

hoolign
    Up here you dont pay tax on winnings, just on the interest you make on it

bunny 166
    Well I was just flipin channels and saw the 3 D9's pushin over the house, then watched the show. Pretty amazing little girl!
    Hey hoolie--hope you're having a good day! My little guy is into construction equipment big time--his favorite is the D11-R

Ion
    In addition to the giant house, et.al, the builder also paid off their existing mortgage! This show (and all involved) should be given some sort of humanitarian award for their efforts, week after week. Kudos to abc!

hoolign
    Hey hoolie--hope you're having a good day! My little guy is into construction equipment big time--his favorite is the D11-R
    I'm havin a great day thanks!.. I think every kid likes heavy equipment! I know I had enought Tonkas to build some good highways and reservoirs in moms flower garden...whoda thought she'd be so pissed at progress!
    Some opf the machines we use on the rigs are pretty cool, including the rigs themselves!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast