Thread: Lowering a 2004 Yukon XL 2wd

Prop Rod
    I want to lower the rear only to give it a level look. Do i go with the 1'' rear springs or the 2'' rear springs?
    Any body Know?

dc96819
    Why not a shakle its a lot easier and cheaper

Prop Rod
    What ever the best way to preserve ride quality, how much do you lower for a level look.

Beer-30
    Shackle not available, since it is coil-spring rear. Are you towing? Are you going to put air-assist bags on it? Reason being, if you go 1-inch rear coil and no air bags, your trailer will probably bring you perfectly level during tow. With air, you could go 2-inch springs and maintain a level ride height at all times.

tahitijet
    The 2 will make it sit level.. In these body styles though even though the rocker is level with the ground, at quick glance they will almost look racked back. I would install the 2" if it seems to have that look to you, a few quick turns on the torsion bars will bring the front down 1/4 to 1/2" and fix that with little to no change in ride. Let me know if you need help with getting the parts.

caroftheweek
    I was looking to do this to my wife's '03 tahoe. Tahitijet--do you have a hook up on these springs? which company do you prefer? I was looking to do the 2" because the tahoe does not tow anything. Any info would be appreciated.
    Ryan

tahitijet
    yes i can get good deals on all suspension and most aftermarket parts.. I will get you a price tomorrow. If you want call me at the shop 559-291-9222 or i will PM you a price tomorrow night.