Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long before GM files for bankruptcy?

Freak
    GM's bonds are basically at "junk" status. If they are officially downgraded to the junk category, GM will have to pay higher interest on its bonds.
    A "junk" rating also would shut out many investors whose mutual funds have policies against investing in junk bonds.
    I can't decide if it is going to happen in 05 or 06 and will the gov give them a bail out?

Dr. Eagle
    GM's bonds are basically at "junk" status. If they are officially downgraded to the junk category, GM will have to pay higher interest on its bonds.
    A "junk" rating also would shut out many investors whose mutual funds have policies against investing in junk bonds.
    I can't decide if it is going to happen in 05 or 06 and will the gov give them a bail out?
    Certainly Kaleeforkneeah won't, the state's bonds aren't much above junk bond status. Although Arnie does love his hummer... :wink:
    Who knows, Geedub might give them a Lee Iacoca kind of package... never know.

MagicMtnDan
    Don't give up your day job to do financial analysis. GM may be hurting but they're not declaring BK. :hammerhea

cjordan
    GM's gone in the next 5-7yrs unless they change their cost structure dramatically. They'll limp along until then by selling off divisions, shutting plants, layoffs, etc. The company is basically a highly leveraged mutual fund that happens to have a car company attached. :wink:

Dr. Eagle
    So you're saying they're DOOOOOOOOOOMED???????

Tom Brown
    I hope they haven't factored my new truck purchase into their receivables. I have a lot of respect for their truck drive trains but living with the current body styles wouldn't be my preference.

Dr. Eagle
    I hope they haven't factored my new truck purchase into their receivables. I have a lot of respect for their truck drive trains but living with the current body styles wouldn't be my preference.
    Why not get yourself the Avrocar...
    http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/...avro/avro5.jpg

Tom Brown
    Why not get yourself the Avrocar...
    http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/...avro/avro5.jpg
    "...so revolutionary that it would make all other forms of supersonic aircraft obsolete."

Dr. Eagle
    "...so revolutionary that it would make all other forms of supersonic aircraft obsolete."

And made in Canada... :idea:

Back Forty
    I grew up in a GM family but have had the misfortune of seeing this company F*CK itself year after year. It hasn't been a leader in years and now when Americana is #1 GM can't even do that right..? Good bye camero, firebird hello something called GTO...? It looks like a G*D DAM cavilere(spelling..?) and gets terrible ratings.. Then they spit out some under performing ugly ass "truck" thing...? Oldsmobile is long gone thanks to these assholes. Who will be next? Pontiac, Buick (A kick ass division)..? Maybe they'll start a new division ala saturn cousin before they F*ck another division.. :lightsabe A sore subject.
    They can't even produce a diesel suburban... I don't care what anybody say's even the GM trucks are weak. I love the big three diesel truck offerings all of them but GM has been upside down for so long I find it hard to believe they will ever be anything of worth again. Second Rate company. Toyota is superior all day to this worthless company.
    Does anybody remember the amber turn signal lens craze by GM back around 2000..? I swear they were producing the ugliest sh*t box cars since the early '80s. The malibu... The delta 88..? I think they were trying to force some sort of Euro standard on us or something. Those amber turn signals dissapeared FAST... Even the GM trucks had them. DUMASSES. NOT NOW Gone as fast as they arrived.
    I never cared for Ford or Dodge but now it's Dodge all of the way. Anybody here have the fine opportunity to put one of these new Hemi wagons through a 90* turn in a drift yet...? I'll tell you that they come out screaming. I rode the rev limiter and parleyed third gear(although I hate the stupid shifter) on the outside of the turn. WAHOO !WOW a modern wagon... rear wheel drive... 348 cube hot little V8...!!! YA SURE YA BETCHA...
    I now have a Dodge diesel one ton dually 4x4. I'll never go back to GM at this rate. Life is good and I feel like I can trust the krauts with my new favorite American car company. Ford is kicking ass too with the trucks and that new mustang. Hell they never got rid of the full size rear wheel drive stuff. GM sucks... right now... :hammerhea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast