Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: mistaken identity

Eric
    Originally posted by flat broke:
    Do you know anybody that's hiring in the field?
    Chris,
    Not right now, things still seem to be pretty tight. I think if I was looking now I'd go the headhunter route. I'll keep my ears open though, if its you that's thinking of making a move I'm guessing network or security engineer/manager.
    Eric

LVjetboy
    If that picture's the boat at speed, there's something strange going on. Not sure what to make of the short rooster tails coming off either side...almost as if the back end's being sucked down. Whould excess shoe or loader depth do this?
    jer

flat broke
    Originally posted by Eric:
    Chris,
    Not right now, things still seem to be pretty tight. I think if I was looking now I'd go the headhunter route. I'll keep my ears open though, if its you that's thinking of making a move I'm guessing network or security engineer/manager.
    Eric
    You guessed right. I'm doing Q/A for VoIP software right now, but have been buttressing my skillset to be more IP networking oriented so I can start to migrate away from what has been a telephony based career.
    Talk to you later,
    Chris

Eric
    Chris,
    You never know, I just might hear of something here in SoCal.
    BTW.. I'm a senior level systems engineer working in a small internet R&D group which is part of a large CE corp. Among other things I do our Sun system security and our network/internet security.
    Doesn't that make this quote kinda humorous? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
    Originally posted by eliminatya:
    eric you genius look at the ip numbers now
    Later,
    Eric

SOUTHWIND377
    LvyJetboy, Not sure what you are talking about, I assume your looking at the pic posted. That is just were the boat is breaking water, the other spray is from two dump lines on both side above the pump. I run copper head gaskets, and competition style intake with no water cross over so I dump from both sides of the intake. I guess that is what you are seeing. In that pick the ride plate is at 0 degree it hasn't been adjusted yet haven't had time to get back to the lake. Later Dustin

LVjetboy
    Maybe it's the dump lines I'm seeing.
    http://users.lvcm.com/lvjetboy/Southwind377.jpg
    Angled up or air currents causing dump stream to go up? Don't remember seeing mine do this...but most of my shots are from an angle. Will have to take some good side shots this summer too.
    jer

SOUTHWIND377
    Yeah thats the dump lines, there on the back top lip facing up at a 45. LVJetboy you have a placecraft don't ya, what kind of horsepower do you have and rpm and mph.

eliminatya
    southwind377 just got back from a certain professionals shop, put your ride plate at 3 degrees up from the shoe and your nozzle 5 degrees up from the shoe or 5 degrees and 7 degrees up from the keel

LVjetboy
    Here's the numbers,
    --On engine (cool day)--
    Rpm: 5000
    Hp (est): 340
    Mph (speedo): 75
    --On Nos (warm day)--
    Rpm: 5500
    Hp (est): 450
    Mph (speedo): 84
    These numbers are lake trim, with 2 pax, 150 lbs of stereo equip, cooler...etc. With just myself in the boat I gain 2 mph on engine and on bottle. Hp was taken from Berkeley charts and seems a little low. Not sure what pump clearances I have or who did the work...so that may affect charts. But I am running 28 btdc and 9.5:1 so hp will be down from some Ls-6's. And the engine/pump now have 11 years on them. Tach numbers I haven't verified either. Speedo is pretty close, at 72 GPS reads 1.4 mph slower. My ride plate is nearly level...less than one degree up and tunnel plates are 1 degree up.
    jer

SOUTHWIND377
    Hey, Eliminatya
    Did he say setting it up like this was still being conservative or would it make a drastic change. I am sure you saw the pic were the boat was breaking water... Later Dustin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast