Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: I Just Had To Post This!

Some Kind Of Monster
    Alright, the guys name that I bought the boat / motor off of is Terry Lapp. He lives near LAX in Hawthorne California. He swore up and down the motor was just built but he couldn't find the receipts. I'd like to kick his ass right now. Has anyone heard of this guy? If I didn't have to work Iwould drive up there right now.
    I would rather not make the person's name that did the heads public record because of the situation in which they were done. If you are interested, PM me and I'll give the whole story and his name.

GofastRacer
    Hmmm, not too far from where I lived!.

GofastRacer
    Well I found one good part, providing it passes mag, too bad it's a cast crank, but I guess it'll work for a 5000rpm deal!..
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...k_Straight.jpg

CARLSON-JET
    You take very nice Photos GofastRacer..

Some Kind Of Monster
    Can't I just photoshop those pictures and make it all better? Too bad I can't apply my computer skills on this motor..

460 jus getn it
    everything will work out billy, jsut hang in there and it will come around. ill have room for u in my boat as soon as i get the back seat in.

Norseman
    Alright, the guys name that I bought the boat / motor off of is Terry Lapp. He lives near LAX in Hawthorne California. He swore up and down the motor was just built but he couldn't find the receipts. I'd like to kick his ass right now. Has anyone heard of this guy? If I didn't have to work Iwould drive up there right now.
    I would rather not make the person's name that did the heads public record because of the situation in which they were done. If you are interested, PM me and I'll give the whole story and his name.
    If you don't feel comfortable giving the shops name that your choice, I would still sit down with him explain what Art found and INSIST on a refund. He didn't do the job correctly, so he's not entitled to the money!! :hammerhea
    Whether the work was done as an official shop job or a side job, the job wasn't done!!!!!!
    Just My Honest Opinion !!!!:220v:
    And God knows I've got a lot of Opinions!!!!!!! :wink:

Norseman
    Who is we? LOL
    I think that "WE" would include those that actually remember" Back in the Day", first hand, or just about everybody over 40.
    The early 60's were really good years for Drag Racing, and I'm sure they were good for boat racing too, judging by the pictures and stories I've heard over the last year.
    So Info, are you one of "WE"???????????? :supp:

Some Kind Of Monster
    Parts I don't need to find:
    Oil Pan
    Carburetor
    Oil Pump
    Intake Manifold
    Distributor
    Crankshaft
    & all external parts (I hope)
    Thats a pathetic list...

Bense468
    Who is we? LOL
    My favorite drag race cars as a kid were Fuel Altereds. Nanook, Pure heaven and hell etc.
    I sat next to the original driver of pure heaven (or hell) now I can't remember at the finals in pomona one weekend. We BS'ed all day. It was so bitchen talking to him. It was the weekend they drove out all the nostalgia's running and lined them up down the whole track running. Now that was a good weekend.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast