Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nordic Boats?

NordicSquirt
    I purchased an 18' Nordic Jet boat in Kansas last year, and was wondering about the hull. I have only seen one other Nordic jet and it was on the 'net. Any info available is appreciated. Mike.

SPECTRABRENT
    NOrdicSquirt,
    Nordic is located in Lake Havasu, Az. I dont know if they make your hull anymore Nordic is into big boats now.
    Brent

spectras only
    Nordicsquirt,I have an old Nordic broshure,I'll scan it tomorrow at work and will posted here for you,be patient http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

NordicSquirt
    Yes, please do that. I am very interested. Thanks a ton.

RiverToysJas
    They are starting a web site:
    http://www.nordicpowerboats.com/
    Jason.

Hallett19
    I was looking at a 18 foot nordic with a 460 and a dominator when I first was looking to buy, I found it in Van Nuys CA, it was a great looking boat, dark blue on black get coat, not a bad price either

skeepwerkzaz
    Nordic squirt,
    Fellow Norsman! I aswell have an 18 Nordic.
    Almost done now, so I can't tell you too much about performance #'s. The guy I bought mine from had a 502 e.f.i. on the bottle in it and he claimed mid 90's. I have talked to quite a few people that have run these boats, and they all said that is about all you can get out of the hull, no matter what kind of power you throw at it. I have gone a little overboard with mine, and am expecting to be in the mid 80's. They all said that is a good hull for acceleration, which is after all the funnest part right?
    Talk to you later,
    Skeep

NordicSquirt
    Glad to hear of a fellow Nordic owner. I was recently in Arizona and made a detour through Havasu and chatted with the people of Nordic PowerBoats. They no longer make Jets, but are still in business. My boat has a mild 454(425 HP), a Dominator Jet and has GPS'D at 79 mph. The boat flies out of the hole, and handles great. Have fun!

JEThro
    NordicSquirt,
    I bought a 1973, 18ft Nordic in May for $1500. The 455 that was in it was locked up
    and had a big crack in the lifter gally along
    one of the cylinders. I put a rebuilt short
    block in it with a mild cam,Torker intake, and Bassets. Don't know haw fast yet due to
    break-in and lacj of GPS. I do know that when
    it gets rough on the lake, it rides great. I'll e-mail you some pics.

custom-cruiser
    Hate to piss on the fire but I thought i'd share this one. My buddy's first jet was an 18' 70's nordic with 455 and Berkely well anyway he said it handled good and all that but one day he was crashing threw some chop and it split right down the keel and sank QUICK! I don't know if they had light bottom layups, But I do know it had quarter length stringers. You just might pay attention to that area... http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/foru...rolleyes04.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast