Thread: Bravo 1 Tilt/Trim pump

bigblockbill
    My drive won't stay where I leave it, weather running or stitting on the trailer it goes down. I think there is a check valve in the hydrualic pump that is likely leaking fluid past it. Can this thing be rebuilt or am I better off just getting a new one. Where would you go to get parts to rebuild? Where is the best place to buy a new one? Anyone ever experience this?
    Thanks, Bill

Cole Sanger
    It's probably not this, but just a thought. Does it happen when you have the power off to the battery? I had a trim switch go bad a couple of weeks ago, so that is what made me think of it. It's probably the solenoid like you said. Can't be much help with that. Good luck, and please post what you figure out. Would be good to know for the future.

bigblockbill
    Yes it definatly happens when the power to the batteries is turned off. My trim gauge is not working and I have only driven the boat once very breifly, so I guess I can not be positive if it happens when the power is on going accross the lake or not.
    Where is the trim switch you had to replace and is there anyway to test it?

Cole Sanger
    The switch in my case was on my trim tabs. Similar system to the drive trim I think. I was just thinking that the trim switch on your drive may go bad and vibrate, leading the drive to angle down. Highly unlikely, but that was similar to what happend to me a couple weeks ago.

Havasu47
    One or both of the trim cylinders probably needs rebuilding...

bigblockbill
    Do you think this will work?
    To test the cylinders I was thinking of raising the drive and supporting it while I take off and cap/plug the lines. Then release the drive and see if it stays up or not. If it stays up it has to be in the pump. If it falls then the cylinders.