Thread: throttle control -help!!

Badburn
    I knew this would happen, I took my stock mercruiser throttle control apart so I could get it off to have the upholstery re-done. Well, it's all back together and it doesnt work right. These things are like voodoo to me. It shifts ok and throttles ok in forward, but it wont throttle up in reverse? It shifts into reverse and the handle wont pull back any farther? :cry:
    Anybody got any hot tips, or know how to adjust it properly?
    Thanks

Badburn
    anybody?
    Hey, I decided I need a new one--this is a Quicksilver controller, anybody got a used one sitting around???

502 JET
    Is it possible that you installed the cable wrong?Try connecting the cable different.

YeLLowBoaT
    If you have it hooked up correctly you can play with the adjustment nuts on the cables. Or you could bring it too my boat fliping party tomarrow and I can fix it for you.....

Badburn
    I took it apart to try to fix it, and some broken parts fell out--whoops! It still works, but its pretty grumpy.
    I'm pretty sure its toast. It was acting up last season also. So.... again......I know someone has one of these collecting dust in the garage.
    Thanks for the invite to the flipping party, but I'll be at folsom lake testing new motor.

YeLLowBoaT
    I took it apart to try to fix it, and some broken parts fell out--whoops! It still works, but its pretty grumpy.
    I'm pretty sure its toast. It was acting up last season also. So.... again......I know someone has one of these collecting dust in the garage.
    Thanks for the invite to the flipping party, but I'll be at folsom lake testing new motor.
    Skrew the boat fliping party... Can I come???

Badburn
    Come on down! But I cant guarantee that we won't have to row back across the lake! This blower has me a little concerned. Oh well, if she blows, then we'll rebuild her.

Badburn
    crap! I didnt get the message until monday morning. The boat ran killer yesterday. Only had to make one adjustment to the shifter, and she wraps the speedo back around to zero. I figure its somewhere between 80-85, which is a 15-20 mph gain. I love it when a plan comes together!