Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good hull? How does it compare to a Spectra or Schiada?

bocco
    Hardin tooled up the old 20.5 when they owned the Tahiti name. Advantage bought a set of molds from them. That boat has nothing to do with the Howard 20.
    Old rigger,
    Am I following this correctly? The 20.5 Eliminator is a splash from Tahiti? I'm trying to understand who splashed who to get to my Eliminator 20.
    Thanks
    Gary

dossangers
    I'd say same club as a Spectra, Sanger, Connelly, not sure if in the same arena as a Schiada, Howard, Hallett. id say that sanger,spectra, shiada are equal in costructsion some are just rigged nicer with more horsepower. shiada being the choice for mega motors! and dont forget rayson craft i believe they hold the KILO record very few 100+ river 21's running around the fastest 21 ive seen on the river is the blue mega turbo'ed rayson that runs at needles with us i think 115 +

spectras only
    Dossangers, did Mike Avila dump his 20.10 twin outboard
    spectra ,after the twin s/c Warpath built ? ***boat claimed
    that boat went well over 100 .

GofastRacer
    dont forget rayson craft i believe they hold the KILO record very few 100+ river 21's running around the fastest 21 ive seen on the river is the blue mega turbo'ed rayson that runs at needles with us i think 115 +
    With a miracle there might be a red one out there next April!.

Highlimit9000
    With a miracle there might be a red one out there next April!.
    Dont count me out, for that magic number next year!
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...iadaF1-med.JPG

Parkertime
    I sure hope to see an all red one out there ! Maybe I could get a ride in it?

bigkatboat
    The REAL BOSS and I were down in the channel on Sunday and a couple with their pup, pulled up and parked right next to us. They were in a red/white/blue "California Cool", the first one of that model I have ever seen as a closed deck. CC always advertised with that boat as a walk thru openbow. I was 'thinkin' of you too'!

mirvin
    What went on here? I'm lost....LOL!
    So what went on with that Centurion is the real question???
    :wink: Did you get to check it out??
    Hey BigCatBoat, thanks for not kicking my ass :wink: After re-reading my post I noticed I said some pretty unflattering things about Crusader. I was just trying to point out some things to look for in an older hull. Despite the problems I found in my hull it is in great shape and seems to have weathered the storm quite remarkably (knock on wood :boxed: ) even though it did have a couple problems AND it had obviously been mistreated for a long time. I think those two facters alone say something good about the overall construction. And I really do enjoy the boat, expecially now that I've remedied the problems. I just wish it was a vdrive:220v: :wink:
    mirvin :boxed:

Lake Ape
    No I have not seen it yet. Basically everyone has gotten me a little leary of the older boats, specially the brands that I am not really familar with. I have also been trying to save enough money so that I don't have to get a loan either, although I easily have enough for this boat. The $20K that I have to spend is a lot of money for me and represents a couple years of saving so I want a good quality boat that I won't have to sink a ton of money into in repairs, etc. Gas tank size is also a big issue. At this point I am seriously considering Shelbey's boat from Rex Marine. It's also a little old but everyone tells me she takes top care of the stuff. I check the trader every day though for a deal. I don't know squat about outboards but two of them sounds pretty cool to me....

mirvin
    HEy Lake Ape.....don't be afraid of the older boats. Just make sure you check em out real good. If you don't know what you're looking for then bring someone with you.
    I would also recommend NOT spending all of your money.......cuz you're gonna end up throwing money into a used boat no matter what shape it's in. If you buy a boat for 15k then you'll be able to do the stuff you want that maybe the boat didn't already have.
    Good luck.
    mirvin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast