Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Time-TableRock Roost '05

Ken F
    AWRIGHT VIC!!!!!!!
    Your going to make it this year??? Great to hear!
    Post up a pic of your boat. (I love boats with Fords...)
    Ken

switchin'addiction
    Hey Ken check your PM's!

ONAROLL
    AWRIGHT VIC!!!!!!!
    Your going to make it this year??? Great to hear!
    Post up a pic of your boat. (I love boats with Fords...)
    Ken
    Ken, I'll PM em to ya, some reason the work computer wont let me do them, just waiting on the rear mounts, but you get an Idea of how its coming...Vic

Cas
    seems the interest is very low this year for the Tablerock Roost
    If you're planning on going, Ken really needs the registrations to start coming in or there's going to be a major change....another

Carnivalride
    Guy's
    I'm trying to come but I have a few hang ups. I just changed jobs so I have limited time. The engine is still at the machine shop and the trailers not completely finished. My son's have at least 3 baseball tournaments between now and then. I hate to be a last minute type of guy but I just can't help this year. If the boats done and broke in I'm coming, but I'm not towing 5 hours with a boat that's been completely redone without any shake down time.
    Sorry,
    Loren

NashvilleBound
    I would like to attend but I think we will be there the week before. Looks like the 5th through the 10th.... LakeShore Drive area???? My kids at some camp there. Anyone know an GOOD spots to stay right in that area? house with a dock for rent?

NashvilleBound
    It looks like its 14.5 miles off the 31 on the 31-1 hwy. Any clue????

Ken F
    Nashville,
    Can you give me names of some towns near? Or a land mark on the lake?
    I'm not familiar with 31 or 31-1 however I can tell you that 31-1 is a small road which probably runs to the lake off of 31. That is usually how it works.
    Sorry you are going to be a week early!
    Ken F

Ken F
    Okay Guys, here it is in a nutshell. Last year cost me $1200 out of my own pocket to put on the roost. (and Ruggs traded a paint-job for the Band) I'm not doing that again this year. Just can't.
    So far, 7 people have registered, and 3 have paid. As you can see, it is pretty hard to tell the caterer how many people we will need to feed, and it's getting pretty close to time that he has to know.
    Last year we had about 50 people send me emails saying they would attend, and probably 130-150 showed up. About 75 attended dinner, which is where we collected fees, so there were about half who attended but did not contribute or attend dinner. One of these that I can think of was by far the loudest critic of last years roost also. Doesn't that just figure???? LOL
    IF by the time I return from France on 10 June, there is not a dramatic enrollment, I have no choice but to make some crucial changes.
    They will be as follows:
    1. Band will be cancelled
    2. Money will be refunded to those who have paid to date.
    3. Awards Ceremony & prizes will be cancelled.
    4. T-shirts will be ordered and paid for at the roost, and sent by mail.
    5. There will be a pot-luck dinner on Saturday night where everyone brings something.
    6. We will still have the bridge Roost, and video & pictures.
    This may not be a bad way to do things anyway. To me, Sunday was the best day of the two last year. It was more laid-back, people got the opportunity to talk more and get to know each other. The first roost was basically a pre-determined time for a get together, and everyone had a great time both days.
    Post up your thoughts....it's not set in stone....yet.
    Ken F

NashvilleBound
    Nashville,
    Can you give me names of some towns near? Or a land mark on the lake?
    I'm not familiar with 31 or 31-1 however I can tell you that 31-1 is a small road which probably runs to the lake off of 31. That is usually how it works.
    Sorry you are going to be a week early!
    Ken F
    Ken, Its not my planning. Just my son at a camp. I think we are going to stay close to Branson (within 20-30 minutes)so we can do stuff in town too while we are there. Some place that I can have a slip on the water but not have a ton of traffic nearby.....by myself is all the better. I pulled up www.tablerocklake.org and it doesnt show where all the rentals are, just the names. Something small but very nice would be perfect.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast