Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Time-TableRock Roost '05

Ken F
    Jeff,
    I don't know of any private homes or rentals available, but one really nice place I could suggest is just south of Branson on 65 hwy. when you reach hwy 86 go West about 1 mile and there is the entrance to Big Cedar Lodge.
    Big Cedar is owned by Johnny Morris who owns Bass Pro Shops. It is in the same motif as Bass Pro shop in Spfld. REally neat place, they have hotel type rooms available, and individual log cabins right on the lake which are really secluded for rent. I'm not sure how pricy they are, but they sure are nice!!!! I did a lot of the Trim work & finish carpentry down there a few years ago.
    Branson is just such a tourist trap, that most locals never visit, myself included-so I'm not much help on knowing that area very well. You might also check for some resorts in the area, but usually they are booked a year in advance.
    Hope this helps some...
    Ken F

NashvilleBound
    Sounds perfect. The wife insists on checking out all the shows. With any luck I can go see something at the Donnie and Marie Osmond Theater....somebody just put a bullet in my head now :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: I will check out the cabins tho....thanks for the lead. Hopefully I can keep them entertained ON the water the whole time that they will be too tired to go into town!

Ken F
    The wife insists on checking out all the shows.
    Oh Geez....if you check them all out, you will come home a babbeling idiot!
    LOL....they overplay the hillbilly persona quite extensivly in my opinion & it gets a bit old.
    Have fun though...By the way the restraunt at Big Cedar has a 5 star buffett at noon hour which is really reasonable. ($7 or $8) In my opinion, it's the best place to eat in Branson. (And I have my own personal French Chef!)
    Ken

switchin'addiction
    Hey Nashville I would definately check out Big Cedar (www.bigcedar.com) as Ken suggested. Excellent food, accomodations, and docks!! It is located just outside of Branson as well.
    This (http://tablerocklake.com/lodging/) is another good link for lodging. Most of the individual websites have maps to their location.
    If you need any additional info let me know.

NashvilleBound
    We just confirmed booking at the Big Cedar Lodge. The 7th through the 12th of July. They are all booked earlier but are trying to get us more nights. Sounds like a great place...room service...killer buffet... horse back riding..(gotta keep everyone happy ) I've been stuck in TN too long and need some Vegas style service. I hope some of us can meet up even though were there a few days before your event. Maybe you can show us any good spots on the lake. At least this year when we explore new lakes I dont have to worry about getting beat to deat with large swells and chop.

switchin'addiction
    We just confirmed booking at the Big Cedar Lodge. The 7th through the 12th of July. They are all booked earlier but are trying to get us more nights. Sounds like a great place...room service...killer buffet... horse back riding..(gotta keep everyone happy ) I've been stuck in TN too long and need some Vegas style service. I hope some of us can meet up even though were there a few days before your event. Maybe you can show us any good spots on the lake. At least this year when we explore new lakes I dont have to worry about getting beat to deat with large swells and chop.
    Good choice.........I think you will really like staying there. I can make one recommendation.........ALWAYS use the shuttle down to & especially back up from the docks! The walk isn't that far, but that hill will kick your ass about half way up!
    If you need any info on locations on the lake let me know.

NashvilleBound
    Good choice.........I think you will really like staying there. I can make one recommendation.........ALWAYS use the shuttle down to & especially back up from the docks! The walk isn't that far, but that hill will kick your ass about half way up!
    If you need any info on locations on the lake let me know.
    Info? Uh, no.....how about a guild? Come on now.....I cant go in blind....again. :rollside: Actually when I get the map maybe you can tell me where to go see the sites. Party spots, waterfalls and everything in between...

switchin'addiction
    Info? Uh, no.....how about a guild? Come on now.....I cant go in blind....again. :rollside: Actually when I get the map maybe you can tell me where to go see the sites. Party spots, waterfalls and everything in between...
    Not a problem!

switchin'addiction
    I don't know if you have gotten your hands on a Tablerock map yet, but you can request a free map here (http://www.swl.usace.army.mil/news&info/pubs.html) . Here (http://www.tablerocklake.org/images/...k_Lake_map.pdf) is also a link to a PDF map of the lake.
    I know you want to stay on the water & not venture into Branson.......which would be a wise decision, but just in case you are forced to I thought this (http://www.branson.com/) link might come in handy.

NashvilleBound
    Thanks for the guild offer and the links. I sent the wife the links to check out. The resort is sending me a big map of the lake so when I get it I will post. Maybe you can give me the heads up on some spots......

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast