Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost Lake Bound

Just-Jettin
    Just bought a new 285lb CP Tunnel from Scotten, with a 675ci Pontiac with 4 stages of nitrous. The motor made 1296hp @8600rpm's and 967lbs @7100rpm's (without nitrous). The NOS unit is good for 400hp. Jack McClure did all the pump work and the bottom on the boat. I had left hand steering put in so I could put two fiberglass bucket seats in it. Also put a Race pack computer on board to help with the 1/8 mile times. I have never owned a boat before, but have ridden in a 1999 21' ultra jet with a 330hp 454, and this got my attention. Just curious, this spring I am going to take this to the Sat. night drags at Lost Lake, and race anything that gets next to me. Should I wear a helmet and chute jacket for safety measures, remember I have never even driven a boat before.

Infomaniac
    JJ OK I'll bite at that bait.
    I would wait until you get a fast boat before buying all that expensive safety gear. If you ever buy a clamp on you might need it.

damm sure sounds like you know alot for never owning a boat.im going to have to call the bullshit card.

Blowin Mud
    Hey Jettin you said you just picked this boat up at Jack McClures, I just had my PWC pump redone there and I remember a gnarly looking boat with a wicked motor. Is your's white with blue and silver stipes across the bow? You must have some brass hanging to give that sucker some throttle.

Just-Jettin
    Boatnam2, maybe you should go outside and do a round in Storage and Handling. This is no B.S. Iam tired of people thinking they have fast quick boats at Lost Lake. How hard could it be to drive a jet for an 1/8 mile spurt. I'll take it slow at first before I hang it out, sorta get use to the boat. I also forgot to mention its a steel rodded engine (Oliver rods), so I can lap it mucho times. The camshaft is aggressive but easy on the springs so I dont have to change them during the weekend, unless one breaks of course. My goal here is to have the quickest boat on the Colorado River.

Just-Jettin
    Blowin Mud, yes that is my boat you saw at Jacks shop. It almost took 2 years to complete this project and owe many thanks to many good people that made this all happen. I figured people would think its not true, but come out and see this is not a ficticious story.

Bense468
    Can you take a life insurance policy out on someone you don't really know or are related to?

RiverDave2
    Boatnam, What the hell are you doing?
    Why are you posting under three different names?
    IP Addresses are listed on the bottom right hand corner..
    RD
    [This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited December 30, 2001).]

Just-Jettin
    Yeah Boatnam2 what are you doing, this site doesnt have anything to do with Arco, you can get into some deep crap if your foreman finds out. Is it true that all the hot chicks live in Norco. That RiverDave is one smart hombre. If I remember right Dave drove the TAF Barely Legal at Bakersfield, I saw a picture of him sitting in the capsule going to the staging lanes, with no helmet on. Dave you did a great job of setting that TAF out of the gate, KUDOS!!!!!

its not me dave,it must be someone i work with.since he sounds like he know's what he talkin about it might be old flat nasty himself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast