Thread: custom fuel tanks???

DickDanger
    Just curious, I am interested in getting some aluminum fuel tanks fabricated, and my question is: where would I get a set of fuel tanks custom fabricated, what would the cost be, and does anyone have any experience with this??? The ol' Bahner only has 2, 7.5 gallon fuel tanks, and this just isnt enough, I would like to get them to be at least 10 gallons apiece. Thanks a bunch. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/beerchug.gif -DD out

spectras only
    DD,contact Brent Spurlin on the spectra website[ www.spectramarine.com]he (http://www.spectramarine.com]he) has changed his tanks for aluminum ones.

e-ticket
    DD
    I had Imco make custom tanks for a 21 Howard daycruiser. The did a great job. They are located in Duarte just off the 210-57 highway intersection. They also have a website. Mine were 23 gal ea. and were about $550. Sure yours would be much less.

Hustler
    DD. make sure you check out www.kshmarine.com (http://www.kshmarine.com) Talk to brian, He did an awsome job for me this summer with my new tanks, custom built the way I wanted them (30 gal. each) had his buddy finish grinding out the old glass then glassed in the new aluminum tanks all for $600, brian is a super nice guy and will work with you on anything you want, he also just cut some custom polished diamondplate steps for my brothers triple axel trailer for $40
    Goodluck
    Hustler

bakerman
    hey D.D.if you are wanting 10 gal alum. tank cheaper then most boat shops and need them in a cylender shape try a dune buggy shop! they are about $200. each last time i picked one up!

DickDanger
    Thanks to everyone for all of the good info. -DD out.

pgf127rt
    DD, if you are interested in cylinder type aluminum tanks I have a pair of used ones polished with all hardware in good shape for 300.00.pgf127rt@hotmail.com

Bense468
    IMCO for sure. They are in San Dimas not Duarte. They are off Dan Dimas ave. off the 210.

Losi
    Hey DD
    When I e-mailed you I forgot to mention the price of the tanks. I'll take $250.00 for them. They are 10 gal each,not 12gal as I stated in my e-mail to you. Not a bad price for new tanks.
    Later.
    Losi