Thread: Billlet cv joints for bravo drive

kanedog
    2 custom billet machined super duper hi strength super tensile strength secret metal, it may even be stronger than kryptonite. They would be good in your superboat.
    Seriously though, I was blowing cv joints like I drink water so I had these made at a machine shop. From what I remember, the stock merc cv joints are like 30,000 lbs tensile strength.These ones are something like 110,000 lbs tensile strength. While they will work great, keep in mind that the breaking problem just moves to another component. This is better than possibly destroying your gimbal or sinking your boat(sales scare tactic). For me, it moved to the gears. I have 2 as seen in the pic.$325 each. shaft not included. Can someone post this pic so it comes up on the thread....puder illllidurate, thx

kanedog
    Thanks Phebus

kanedog
    break yours and buy mine....what a deal!!!!!!

Beer-30
    Nice looking piece. Looks stainless steel-ish.
    Now, you might as well start machining shafts for the front part. It is common that once you make one part stronger, the next weaker link will break.

kanedog
    Chicks dig boats with kryptonite like cv joints. You can pick up chicks with ease with these handy little items.
    Beer30-It definately is not stainless steel. SS is very soft, even softer than the merc metal.
    You are right ! The problem does move to other places, for me, I was happy for it to go other places than to where it might break my gimbal or sink my boat!! The shaft was always the part that survived the best. Check out the warning in my ad of the exact thing you speak of !!