Thread: Help the new guy...

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    Ok so i just joined "the cult" and i need some help quick. Im trying to get a prop by thurs. havasu dreamin recommeded scream and fly for a used prop. Heres the problem...im a retard and i have know idea which of these props will work on my boat. I have a mach 22 w/300x. Are all props interchangable? I know i want something in the 26-28 range however thats about all i know. Cleaver, Chopper, fat shaft or reg. shaft, 3 blade or 4 blade, exhause through prop or over, 14.25 or 14.5 im so lost......HELP Some of you guys really seem to know your stuff, if you could reccomend a coulple diff props off of scream and fly ill promise to wave back to you....even if your not riding in a dcb THANKS..the new guy

Boatmaster
    Feel free to call me I am a Merc dealer and know your boat well. 28 Labbed Bravo with large holes would be your best bet. This is a custom made prop by Merc racing. Could'nt have it by thursday, but maybe next week. This will be a very hard prop to find on the used market, but it could happen. If you motor is an X you will need a Big Shaft hub (19 spline) prop. Most likely you have a 1.75 lower, but if it's a 1.62 you may want to a smaller prop. Most of the single 22s are rigged with 1.75. There are many other props you could find that will work well on your boat, also look for a Lightening E.T. Do you want a good all around prop or just top end? Good luck Drew 925-828-5775.

Towndrunk
    Ok so i just joined "the cult" and i need some help quick. Im trying to get a prop by thurs. havasu dreamin recommeded scream and fly for a used prop. Heres the problem...im a retard and i have know idea which of these props will work on my boat. I have a mach 22 w/300x. Are all props interchangable? I know i want something in the 26-28 range however thats about all i know. Cleaver, Chopper, fat shaft or reg. shaft, 3 blade or 4 blade, exhause through prop or over, 14.25 or 14.5 im so lost......HELP Some of you guys really seem to know your stuff, if you could reccomend a coulple diff props off of scream and fly ill promise to wave back to you....even if your not riding in a dcb THANKS..the new guy
    Call Kevin @ R&R prop shop in Henderson, Nev. He'll be a hell of a lot cheaper and in most cases more knowlegable than most dealers. 702-564-7502
    TD

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    Thanks everyone for the help, called kevin @ R@R. He was very helpfull. I ordered a 26bravo, i have the 1.62. Cant wait to get it!

tamalewagon
    I have a brand (used one time) new 28 pitch Trophy 4 blade prop I'm trying to sell. It's in perfect condition and I can overnight to you.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    Let me run the 26 and ill let you know, how much you want for it?

tamalewagon
    I'm easy...$275.

tamalewagon
    How did the 26 run? I've got the Merc 225 and ran the 24 and was pretty excited about the results.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    The best i could get with the 26 was around 6200-6300rpms @ around 84-85mph, im thinking maybe a 24 could get my rpms up keeping the same top end maybe even a click faster with better low and mid range