Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pump loader

Blown Sleek
    Ok boys I think you are just misunderrstanding! Wicked is talking about the loader grate or the shoe! H.B is talking about the cavitation reducer and 509 has got it all together! the under water hardware makes all the difference! Can't we all just get along! (sorry stuped comment) (bad quote)

Bense468
    When you start messing around with shoes and stuff I would definatly go to a respected shop to get some input. If you create to much intake pressure and your impeller cannot flow it you will marble the boat and put it into a flat spin. So just be careful when doing any high speeds runs while testing. I suggest a lifeline jacket for this

HBjet
    Originally posted by jstwkd:
    Does anyone run a loader in thier pump?Ihave a 12Jg.Was thinking of having one installed before putting in boat.New pump and I just had the pump flowed.Pump has never seen water.Another $300
    Blown Sleek, to me it reads as if he is asking about the loader impeller (Cavatation Reducer) infront of the main impeller. I say this because he said Was thinking of having one installed before putting in boat Thats how it reads to me. Anyone else?
    HBjet
    [This message has been edited by HBjet (edited April 03, 2002).]

rivercrazy
    $300 for an intake grate is a bit expensive. How much is an inducer after machining the pump shaft??

jstwkd
    OK guys I had to go back to cp today and I actually read the label on thier board.And I was asking about a bowl stuffer wich is located on the outlet of the impellor.CP also make a preloader impellor wich is located on the opposite side of the shaft inlet of impellor.I havent even figured out about the reducer,shoe,ride plate and all that stuff yet.still learnig.sorry for the confusion guys!
    Wicked

jweeks123
    Don's Pump Service claims to have a US patent on the use of a pre-loader impeller in a jet drive. I wonder how CP can have one? American Turbine uses Don's.

LVjetboy
    It's called capitalism. Same as the rachet story.

jstwkd
    I dont know if they cliam its thiers I just saw one on the wall with a label.

ChetCapoli
    I was told that CP carried at one time the one piece billet one made by precision jet in CA somewhere. Looks twice as nice as dons. Didnt know they still had it because when i called almost a year ago they said they didnt.
    chet

GM Killer
    Where I come from we call this the "mini-me" impellor. To tell you the truth, I wouldnt run a pump without one. Both of my boats have small impellors and it helps me lauch like I have larger ones. The improvement to the bottom end is incredible while not losing any top end.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast