I purchased my Carrera 20ft Eagle last year and it ran great! I was hittin about 55mph with 4 people and I was happy but wanted a littl more kick. I checked into rejetting the carb cause every time I use it the back of the boat was black and the motor choked when i floored it. I called Marine Power and this is what they told me;
"We just take the carbs out of the box and slap them on and however they run is how they run"
I was shocked to hear this and looked into re-jetting it myself. Well to my dismay they put a 650 Holley with vacum secondaries. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHRGGG.
Anyway let me get to the point. My friend told me about this shop in Whitter, CA called C.J. Engineering. I called then up and told them what my problem is. He told me to get him the specs on my motor and bring everything down. I was worried now cause he was going to completely bore out the carb to a 750 and rebuild everything. Well after I saw all the pictures on the wall from almost every top boat and drag racer in the united states signed "Thanks for the carb work" I felt better.
Anyway im really dragging this on, this is the final results:
250.00 for rebuild
63MPH W/4 people..........thats a 8mph difference!
Give this guy a call and he can definetly help you out!
C.J. Fuel Systems
562-946-1388
John