Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: installing droop

Hardin18 II
    I'm inatalling my droop. stupid question im sure. When I take off the stock snoop will the oil in the bowl come out?
    If so what kind of oil should I use in my bowl?

flat broke
    I'm inatalling my droop. stupid question im sure. When I take off the stock snoop will the oil in the bowl come out?
    If so what kind of oil should I use in my bowl?
    Not a stupid question if for no other reason than the fact that you asked it. And no you should see any oil leaking out. The oil is kept in chamber that surrounds the shaft. It's not going to dump ounces of the stuff on your feet or anything like that. The most important advise I could give you at this point is to use stainless studs instead of bolts so you can use wedges to further manipulate the thrust angle. And as always, anytime you're messing with aluminum, and especially stainless and aluminum together, use anitisieze!
    Good luck with it.
    Chris

Hardin18 II
    Not a stupid question if for no other reason than the fact that you asked it. And no you should see any oil leaking out. The oil is kept in chamber that surrounds the shaft. It's not going to dump ounces of the stuff on your feet or anything like that. The most important advise I could give you at this point is to use stainless studs instead of bolts so you can use wedges to further manipulate the thrust angle. And as always, anytime you're messing with aluminum, and especially stainless and aluminum together, use anitisieze!
    Good luck with it.
    Chris
    Thank you. I got the studs with the droop, how do I go about installing them? How do I grip them in order to tighten them into the pump without damaging the threads?

460 jus getn it
    Thank you. I got the studs with the droop, how do I go about installing them? How do I grip them in order to tighten them into the pump without damaging the threads?
    i just used all thread when i put my droop in.

flat broke
    You double nut them. What you do is run one nut down a little ways on the stud, then install another nut right at the end of the stud. Now bring the first nut back up to the second nut you put on and lock them together (turn the one closest to you clockwise, and the one below it counter clockwise). Now you use the nut nearest to you to install and tighten the stud. Once the stud is in, use a wrench to hold the top nut in place and turn the lower nut clockwise. This will separate the two nuts and then you can take them off individually without putting pressure on the stud. DON't use Nylocs for installing the studs.
    Hope that helps,
    Chris

Hardin18 II
    You double nut them. What you do is run one nut down a little ways on the stud, then install another nut right at the end of the stud. Now bring the first nut back up to the second nut you put on and lock them together (turn the one closest to you clockwise, and the one below it counter clockwise). Now you use the nut nearest to you to install and tighten the stud. Once the stud is in, use a wrench to hold the top nut in place and turn the lower nut clockwise. This will separate the two nuts and then you can take them off individually without putting pressure on the stud. DON't use Nylocs for installing the studs.
    Hope that helps,
    Chris
    Should I use lock tight on the studs?

Heatseeker
    Use anti-sieze, as mentioned above.

victorfb
    use blue lock tite. not the red. otherwise if you need to remove a stripped or broken stud you will be *^%#@@%^&*&)%^#!^$&^I^&$@%$ ing all day trying to get it out. :mix:

flat broke
    If you were going to use locktite over the antisieze, I'd use the blue, but anytime I mess with aluminum and stainless together, I always use antisieze. And just to clarify an earlier statement I made. I said don't use nylocs to install the stud, but once the stud is in, you would use them to hold the droop on.
    Sorry for any confusion,
    Chris

Hardin18 II
    Thank you for the help chris.
    I bought the Aggressor droop and it has a divider going down the midle of it. There is a black plastic cone on the end of the center of the bowl. It is in the way of the divider on the droop. Can I just take this thing off?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast