Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuel Prices

Havasu Hangin'
    And I will go out on a limb and make a prediction. Congress will hold hearing on the oil companies. NOTHING will come of it people! Because NOTHING has been done wrong.
    Do you think that monopolies have not been broken up before?
    They have (and for alot less marketshare than the oil companies currently enjoy).
    The FTC let it happen, loooong before Bush got in office.

a catered life
    We keep talking about this on several threads. I love a great debate, but it's getting old. People need to learn the facts. Why is it your paying high prices for fuel? It isn't directly related to the price af a barrel of oil. How much in taxes are you paying? etc etc. Most Americans don't know nor are they interested in the facts. But it's easy to get on the Democratic bandwagon and bash Bush!
    Here are some facts for ya:
    Economy is awesome! Unemployment is at an unbelievable 3% (plus a pinch). We are short workers, not jobs. If you can't find a job, look hard in the mirror again.
    The other day, at the lake, I spoke with a young lady who was unemployed and looking. She is about 29 years old and recently applied for a CFO position. I took an interest, since this is my field of interest as well. Come to find out she worked for a year in accounting doing the payables. She has a high school diploma. And observed the CFO and controller at her work for the year she was employed there. She doesn't know anything about taxes, financial statements, financial analysis, reporting, etc. etc. But she applied for a $250K a year position! These are the people that complain they only need the opportunity. They are being screwed by society. when I tell them I went to school, joined the service for 5 years, came out and went back to graduate school, worked my way through a couple of companies. All they see is a 40 some year old guy with a nice boat who obviously had a break someplace and did ok. And they are ready for the same break.
    I want to venture that many people that believe this crap about the oil companies and Buch have similar stories. And I will go out on a limb and make a prediction. Congress will hold hearing on the oil companies. NOTHING will come of it people! Because NOTHING has been done wrong. And a bunch of Democrats, saying so in public, in hearing and news conferences won't change that! There will be no one going to jail. No trails. etc etc.
    PS Valerie Plame was not a CIA agent. She was an analyst. She said so on her "covert" credit applications she filled out all over the place!!! And, no one is in jail. No one has been indicted for that. etc. etc. Same thing with the oil situation.
    So help out. 1) Learn about the issue and be open minded. 2) Vote for the solution, which is to put into place people that will allow for domestic exploration and production and the building of new refineries so our economy can continue to grow.
    Off the box...... :crossx:
    i stopped reading when you said $250,000 a year...do you want to adopt a 6'2" chubby full body tanned son with his own boat ok i lied i'm fat as hell but cute

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123