Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drove My First Cat Yesterday

jbtrailerjim
    My buddie picked up a used 2000 Eliminator 22' Daytona with a set of Merc 2.5 Pro Max on it on Friday. We took it out to Elsinore yesterday and he let me drive it. All I can sat is damn!!! That was freakin fun to drive. I took it up to just shy of 80 and pussed out. But damn it felt fast. That thing accelerates like a rocket! Good thing I can't afford the insurance on a cat because it definitely was fun to drive!

bear down
    My buddie picked up a used 2000 Eliminator 22' Daytona with a set of Merc 2.5 Pro Max on it on Friday. We took it out to Elsinore yesterday and he let me drive it. All I can sat is damn!!! That was freakin fun to drive. I took it up to just shy of 80 and pussed out. But damn it felt fast. That thing accelerates like a rocket! Good thing I can't afford the insurance on a cat because it definitely was fun to drive!
    Just be careful...don't fall into the trap!! the cat trap that is!

Sigus
    22 Daytona's are definitly a blast to drive. Like a Porsche on water!

Jrocket
    "V"=sell sell sell
    "CAT"=buy buy buy

Daytona100
    Dont be a PUSS get a cat you wont go back!!!

Boatmaster
    You think his was fun to drive you should look at Mike's here on the boards. His is a 96 with twin 2.5 Drags, with the right props and conditions it runs well over 110mph. I think if you shop for insurance you would be surprized what you can find.

Dave C
    22 & 21 cats are too much fun. I had both before my 25 and they are a
    blast to drive. Since they are small, you still feel that rush from speed. Kind of like a a 19' boat.
    The bigger cats are kind of boring at lower speeds (under 80). You need some serious speeds to get that same rush.
    You can get insurance on a cat with stock motors (not O'B's though)
    Any performance motors then the rates start to get heavy.

jackpunx
    Its good to hear you lifted.. I wouldn’t call you a puss.. I would call you smart..
    Small boats at those speeds take a little seat time and good judgment..
    Having said that..
    There is nothing like the acceleration and handling of a small cat.. Once you go cat.. you will never go back.. So be careful.. Sounds like you got bit by the cat already

Dave C
    nice... can I use that? :rollside:
    .. Once you go cat.. you will never go back..

Rev. Williams
    I think if you shop for insurance you would be surprized what you can find.
    I'll second this...... I have a 22 cat and was able to insure it for $584 a year. And that's with trailer assist, and every other option. I also have a $30K greed value with that.
    Cats are a blast and having one now has convinced me to never go Vee again. The smooth ride alone is well worth the price of admission !!!
    There's a 22 daytona with w/twin o/b's for sale right here on the boards!! I just forgot where.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast