Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drove My First Cat Yesterday

jbtrailerjim
    "V"=sell sell sell
    "CAT"=buy buy buy
    LOL...Yeah well it sounds good but somehow I think my checkbook and my wife will tell me otherwise. :boxingguy

jbtrailerjim
    Its good to hear you lifted.. I wouldn’t call you a puss.. I would call you smart..
    Small boats at those speeds take a little seat time and good judgment..
    Having said that..
    There is nothing like the acceleration and handling of a small cat.. Once you go cat.. you will never go back.. So be careful.. Sounds like you got bit by the cat already
    I agree. I definitely need some more seat time in it before I try some speed runs in it. It was late in the afternoon on Saturday and the lake was pretty choppie from the wind.
    Yes, I have been bitten buy the cat bug. The only size that would be in my budget would be something used like my buddies. It just is not big enough for myself and the family. I'd need something bigger at least 26' with big power and that is just out of my price range. :wink:

spectras only
    I'd need something bigger at least 26' with big power and that is just out of my price range. :wink:
    Try to find an old cat like this one .Just as fast as some of the new ones . Also you wouldn't see another one anytime soon
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/DonArronow24.jpg

jackpunx
    I agree. I definitely need some more seat time in it before I try some speed runs in it. It was late in the afternoon on Saturday and the lake was pretty choppie from the wind.
    Yes, I have been bitten buy the cat bug. The only size that would be in my budget would be something used like my buddies. It just is not big enough for myself and the family. I'd need something bigger at least 26' with big power and that is just out of my price range. :wink:
    Where do you boat?.. let me take you for a ride.. you might be suprised at the room inside

jbtrailerjim
    Where do you boat?.. let me take you for a ride.. you might be suprised at the room inside
    I pretty much boat only on Havasu. I've seen the numbers your boat put out with your old motor. Now with that quad rotor set up you got now, I'm thinking you'd scare the shit out of me in your boat now. :2purples:

jackpunx
    I pretty much boat only on Havasu. I've seen the numbers your boat put out with your old motor. Now with that quad rotor set up you got now, I'm thinking you'd scare the shit out of me in your boat now. :2purples:
    Scare the shit out of you?>.lol.. everyone can stand to loose a couple of lbs..lol..
    it wasnt about the top speed.. its about the handeling.. Your right .. You may want something a little bigger .. although.. my boat will handle the water increadibly well for a 22' boat..
    Just putting it out there :jawdrop:

Dave C
    ya its not the speed that will get you.... its the sudden stop that does all the damage. :devil:

Three Days Only
    Yes, I have been bitten buy the cat bug. The only size that would be in my budget would be something used like my buddies. :wink:
    Wait until the insurance bug bites you!! It's a big bite!!

jbtrailerjim
    Scare the shit out of you?>.lol.. everyone can stand to loose a couple of lbs..lol..
    it wasnt about the top speed.. its about the handeling.. Your right .. You may want something a little bigger .. although.. my boat will handle the water increadibly well for a 22' boat..
    Just putting it out there :jawdrop:
    I'll definitely take you up on your offer if we meet up sometime in Havasu. You got one bad ass ride.
    Wait until the insurance bug bites you!! It's a big bite!!
    I think I'll just stay with my little V-bottom for now with my just under $700 a year insurance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12