Thread: getting rid of the POP!

DogHouse
    Question for you stereo experts... My system makes a nasty pop when I use the trim switch. Do I need a filter on the 12v input to the deck or the main power lead to the amps? The amps are wired directly to the battery with 4g cable. The deck is powered through the boat's harness. I was thinking of putting a big cap in line to the amp to see if that helps. Would also have the side benefit of a little extra punch for the amps. Thoughts?
    Thanks,
    -Brian

Havasu Hangin'
    Try re-routing the head unit's power and ground independant of the boat's harness...
    ...and turn your gains down for god sakes! :supp:

DogHouse
    Turn the gain down? Now what fun is that?

Havasu Hangin'
    I usually adjust my gains so that at full-tilt, my polka music won't distort.
    Most people crank them up, but even if you never get the volume knob up to "distortion" levels, your amps will amplify any hissing or popping (even at low or no volume levels).
    But that's just me...an "internet wire jockey"..

ROZ
    But that's just me...an "internet wire jockey"..

Just had to throw Boat Floating a little bait....lol... You like shooting fish in a barrell?
    Rocky, Inverter price check isle 12 on thread over

BoatFloating
    Just had to throw Boat Floating a little bait....lol... You like shooting fish in a barrell?
    Rocky, Inverter price check isle 12 on thread over
    You talking to me????
    I'm going with 9v batteries now..... :idea: I can help..... :smile: :220v:

DogHouse
    Thanks for the tips, I'll give em a try. What's Rocky doing in here? Didn't he put a bunch of Sparkomatic stuff in his new wacka?

BoatFloating
    Thanks for the tips, I'll give em a try. What's Rocky doing in here? Didn't he put a bunch of Sparkomatic stuff in his new wacka?

Yeah the same time you put that cheap Hyundi parts in your motor...... :idea: