Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Say what you want about import cars...

STV_Keith
    Yep, good 'ol American muscle is what I love, but you gotta give respect where it is due. For instance:
    Dyno Video - Single turbo Toyo Supra (http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/vi...arths_dyno.wmv)
    (right click and "save target as" to save movie)
    The thing is a monster. How about putting - heck - 20 bike lengths on a 187rwhp Hayabusa from a 40mph roll. Check out the video:
    Supra vs. Hayabusa (http://www.badassride.com/videos/supra_hayabusa.wmv)
    (right click and "save target as" to save movie)
    Went through that bridge at the end registering 214mph on radar! This was from a 40mph roll, 7/10ths of a mile away.
    Like I said, credit where credit is due.

Sleek-Jet
    Aren't Bentley's, Ferraris and Lambo's hand built? If so I would consider these production cars.
    I would consider those cars hand assembled, not hand-built. I merely quoted the article. "Hand-built" carries with it connotations of one-off cars. No two are identical since each one is built fromt the frame rails up by hand... :crossx:
    This has got to be one of the best arguments we have on here... :argue:
    It's a semantics excersize. I just like giving the import guys a ration of crap...

Tom Brown
    There is some pretty nice Japanese hardware. I'd have to have a pretty serious bundle of cash to spend 170K on a car of any make. ... or even a boat, for that matter.

SoCalOffshore
    I will admit that I did not read the article or any of the previous posts :hammer2: , but I will say that is the fugliest looking car I have ever seen.

repo man
    oh come on donnie i thought you loved fords. this is a sick ass ford
    http://www.stangnet.com/2005shelbycobraconcept/

Sleek-Jet
    There is some pretty nice Japanese hardware. I'd have to have a pretty serious bundle of cash to spend 170K on a car of any make. ... or even a boat, for that matter.
    What if I told you I could build a brand new CVX... you pick the colors and I'll put a 300 Promax on the back with matching cowling...
    .... let's say 170K Canadian, delivered...

dmontzsta
    oh come on donnie i thought you loved fords. this is a sick ass ford
    http://www.stangnet.com/2005shelbycobraconcept/
    oh I do and that is a bad ass car and more in my range, but the Skyline will hand that things its ass on a plater with salt and pepper AND a beer. That Skyline is the best handling and fastest production car in the world...too bad only 20 are being built right now. Of course you could go to Motorex and buy one for around $60k and still pull over 1g, with bigger turbos, more boost, bigger FMIC, exhaust, intake and tuning you could run 9s on street tires, on the street daily getting 15mpg.

Tom Brown
    What if I told you I could build a brand new CVX... you pick the colors and I'll put a 300 Promax on the back with matching cowling...
    .... let's say 170K Canadian, delivered...
    If you knew how much cash and energy I have poured into that 28 year old POS, you would have little choice but to disregard anything I say with respect to the value of a vehicle. I've tried not to total it but it's a frightening number, for a 1977 CVX-16.
    Life seemed different then. My Dad and I had a ton of fun building that boat and I looked at it as an irrelevant number, as long as I had the money. I'm glad I did it but it was not a smart move financially. It knocked my retirement date back a year.
    Never again.
    ... now if you were to sweeten that deal with a 300X, I might be swayed. :idea:

jlnorthrup122
    Originaly posted by dmontzsta:
    That Skyline runs a low 10 quarter mile, the only car there that looks like it would do that is the vette. Now, lets put out a bank turn, smash there goes the vette.
    Sorry to tell you bro but in my experiences with the basic Skyline chasis is that those falkers push harder than a fat preganant lady on her final contraction in the delivery room buuuuudyy! those biatches don't turn for shit in high speeds at all!!!!!!! bad ass car though! but I would take my 427 cobra (project) over the skyline!! Excluding the skyline and other all wheel and rear wheel drive ricers I really don't get the wings on the arssse end of a front wheel drive car!!!!!!!! :220v:

Jrocket
    oh I do and that is a bad ass car and more in my range, but the Skyline will hand that things its ass on a plater with salt and pepper AND a beer. That Skyline is the best handling and fastest production car in the world...too bad only 20 are being built right now. Of course you could go to Motorex and buy one for around $60k and still pull over 1g, with bigger turbos, more boost, bigger FMIC, exhaust, intake and tuning you could run 9s on street tires, on the street daily getting 15mpg.
    Alright Ive had enough.Yes I do like all types of cars but that Nissan is ugly and has the body styling of an old datsun.Fast or not its still and old looking datsun with a ridiculous wing and ground kit.Flat out ugly and not anywhere near worth the 170K.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast