Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf Cart Hitch

Waldo
    Since we've had some good golf cart discussion this morning, I thought I would ask a question.
    I have a 97 ezgo, lifted, w/flip down rear seat. The rear seat also has a foot rest/platform. I always figured that a hitch wouldn't work as the foot platform sticks out a ways. However, I have seen lately a couple pictures floating around of the same rear seat setup with a hitch.
    Anyone here have one? Does your cart wheelie when towing? Thanks.

BarryMac
    Since we've had some good golf cart discussion this morning, I thought I would ask a question.
    I have a 97 ezgo, lifted, w/flip down rear seat. The rear seat also has a foot rest/platform. I always figured that a hitch wouldn't work as the foot platform sticks out a ways. However, I have seen lately a couple pictures floating around of the same rear seat setup with a hitch.
    Anyone here have one? Does your cart wheelie when towing? Thanks.
    And what exactly would you be towing with your Golf Cart??? :idea: :idea:

Unforgiven
    your boat.....

Waldo
    Should I dare say...
    A small trailer with lake lice on it.

kphayes
    I will have to post some pics later but, I have a hitch on my lifted '97 ezgo electric and I move a 25' eliminator daytona aound with it. It lags a little going up hill in the grass. Otherwise it does alright. I am guessing on the tongue weight but it's probably close to 300lbs. +/-

Ducatista
    I bought a hitch for my 2001 EZ GO from Premire Golf Carts in Havasu and bolted on myself, same setup on the cart as you. I had an 36inch extension bar made with a wheel with swivel attached on the bottom to prevent rear sag on the cart, and use it to launch my GTX, works perfect. The extension bar allows me to keep the rear wheels high & dry on the launch ramp when launching. I think the whole setup, hitch, extension bar and wheel from harbor freight cost me about 50 bucks, and has worked perfectly for several years now at the Islander launch ramp. Waldo, did you ever replace you're cart batteries, if so what did you go with?

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    Just strap your kid on the back and tell em to "HOLD ON TIGHT".

Not So Fast
    I'm going to be new to the cart scene and I was wondering about moving a boat around, not towing but just moving it around and what type of drive do they have, single wheel, two wheel ect. Thanks NSF

gmocnik
    ducatista..
    are you still in 51 on the penninsula..i am in 156 and will be out this weekend to set up.. would like to look at your cart setup..
    let me know when you'll be out
    gary

Ducatista
    Hey Gary, sent you a PM. Not sure yet about this weekend, but feel free to stop by anytime to check it out. It's right there hooked up under the Jenkins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast